13th December 2012, 12:13 PM
sunitalisan

Is a MSc+M.Tech student eligible for lecturership as per AICTE norms

Is m sc +m tech are eligible for lecturer ship as per aicte norms?

22nd March 2013, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is a MSc M.Tech student eligible for lecturership as per AICTE norms

Hi...
I'm M tech In IT(Information technology & networking) & B tech in ECE(Electronics & comm. Engineering).. Am I eligible for Assistant professor in engineering colleges?? plz reply
10th April 2013, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is a MSc M.Tech student eligible for lecturership as per AICTE norms

I have done Btech in EEE and Mtech in ECE . Am I eligible to work in ECE department?
Plz reply
10th April 2013, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Is a MSc M.Tech enough to act as a assistant professor as per AICTE norms
10th April 2013, 06:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a MSc+M.Tech student eligible for lecturership as per AICTE norms

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitalisan View Post
Is m sc +m tech are eligible for lecturer ship as per aicte norms?
Your Qualification is M.Sc + M-Tech .

So you are applicable lecturer in private engineering college ,As per AICTE norms only M-Tech degeree holder candidate are eligible for teaching in Private engineering college as Assistant professor .

But if you want go for lecturer post in govt college then you must have NET score otherwise PHD degree .

If you want to join in govt college as a part time faculty or contractual then you are applicable .

You can apply any private engineering college , then you will get some phone call or mail from the Institute .

Only one round is there , Technical Interview ,if you once crack this round then you will get the jobs as a assistant professor .

12th April 2013, 10:48 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a MSc+M.Tech student eligible for lecturership as per AICTE norms

Dear Sunita,

Its nice to hear that you have completed M.Sc as well as M.Tech and it describes you completely eligible for the Lectureship.

To become a Lecturer , you have to qualify the National Eligibility Test. The National Eligibility Test is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission.

The University Grants Commission has set some eligibility criteria for NET Exam which you have to fulfill if you want to appear in the exam.

These Required Eligibility Criteria are :

* Post Graduation in any stream from any UGC recognized University.

* Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation.

* No Age Limit for the Post Of lectureship.

* For JRF , the candidate must have an age in between 21-28 years.

* The Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

* Relaxation of 5 years is given in upper age to Reserved category Candidates.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
12th April 2013, 12:12 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Sunita,

Yes, you are eligible for Lectureship.

To join Lectureship, contenders will have to appear for NET(National Eligibility Test) examination, conducted by UGC(University Grants Commission) twice every year in the months of June and December.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation in science discipline from any recognized university.

* Age limit:- 20-28 yrs - JRF.
No age limit - Lectureship.

* Nationality:- Indian.

NET examination pattern:-

13th April 2013, 06:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Yes,why not ,you are definitely eligible for the Lectureship .Now it depends upon you what you want to do either to become lecturer in private engineering colleges or in Government colleges.

So for becoming lecturer as per latest rules in Engineering colleges ,just bachelor's degree is sufficient and however you have done master's degree in technology ,so you will get advantages .

The first thing is that you will get designation of Assistant Professor with pay scale ranging from RS 350000 to Rs 45000 depending upon your college and your knowledge and how you performed in personal interview.

The second best thing is that you are eligible to appear for the NET that is National eligibility test conducted for the post of lecturer and Junior research fellowship in government colleges by the University Grants commission.

>>It is conducted in June and December respectively.

Master's degree in discipline from a recognized university is the minimum educational qualification required for it .

>>The age limit for the JRF is 21-28 years.

>>However there is no upper age limit for the lectureship.

>>You must have secured at least 55% marks in master's degree and 5% relaxation in marks is provided to sc/st candidates.

For any more details regarding NET exam ,you may visit www.ugc.ac.in

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
15th April 2013, 11:13 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

Exactly, you are preferable for Lectureship as per AICTE norms.

For joining Lectureship, You will have to crack National Eligibility Test.

National Eligibility Test is organized by University Grants Commission every year for two times for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship positions.

National Eligibility Test is conducted in these two months below mentioned:-

# June.

# December.

The educational qualifications regarding with National Eligibility Test for Lectureship position are below mentioned:-

# Opponents must have finished their master degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

# 55% marks needed for Open and OBC opponents.

# 50% marks needed for SC/ST opponents.

# There is no age criteria needed for Lectureship position.

# Opponents must be Indian.

The paragon of National Eligibility Test is below mentioned:-

Thanks.
17th April 2013, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

please tell me that wyh M.Sc(Comp.sci) M.tech(CSE) is Eligible to work as Lecture in DEPT Of CSE/IT As Per AICTE NORMS.Please reply Immediatly.
9th May 2013, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

hi im bhavesh from maharashtra aurangabad I wAnt info for about ms mtech degree both what can I do plz tell me my Email add is [email protected] an mob no is 8983768277 plz help me
19th July 2013, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Re: Is a MSc M.Tech student eligible for lecturership as per AICTE norms
21st January 2014, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

I completed my B.E in civil and M.tech in InformationTechnology so i am eligible for lecturership as per AICTe norms ?,I scored 80% in M.tech but they are not giving oppurtunity to take interview :-(
24th February 2015, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Is a MSc (computer science) student eligible for lectureship in engineering or MCA college
19th March 2016, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Is a MSc M.Tech student eligible for lecturership as per AICTE norms

Is a MSc M.Tech student eligible for lecturership as per AICTE norms
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?