19th January 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Names of the M.Tech entrance exams conducted in AP? I am a B.Tech computer science student

hi sir, iam a student of B.tech(computer science) final year.could u plz tell me the name of the M.Tech entrance exam conducted in Andhra Pradesh.

25th July 2012, 08:08 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Names of the M.Tech entrance exams conducted in AP? I am a B.Tech computer science student

There are number of entrance exams in India that you can appear in for admission in M.Tech. Although today GATE has become the most popular and most important entrance exam for M.Tech but regardless of that you have some options in Andhra Pradesh for M.Tech entrance exams. The options are listed below:

PGECET

PGCET stands for Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test. It is a entrace exam for candidates who are interested in post graduate courses in various courses like:

M.Tech

M.Pharmacy

M.Arch

MBA

PGECET is a state wide entrance exam, which means that you can only apply in local engineering colleges for post graduate course. The major disadvantage is that you can not apply for IIT institute with the help of PGECET exam. There is no such option.

EXAM PATTERN

PGECET exam consists of 200 objective questions and students are given 3 hours to complete it.

The exam is divided into 2 parts:

Part 1 :

Section A – Proficiency in English Language
Section B – Test of General Knowledge

Part 2 :

Section C – Test of Reasoning & General Intelligence
Section D – Quantitative Analysis

You can only apply for the PGECET EXAM online.

GATE

The most popular entrance exam for the M.Tech course in India is GATE. The reason everyone would recommend it is because you will have the option to get admission in IIT institute for M.Tech course if performed well in the GATE exam.

The other major advantage of GATE is clearly visible when you apply for job in Public Sector Undertakings. The PSU in India conduct written test for the Engineering candidates who want a job. These days Public Sector Undertakings have decided to give huge importance to the GATE score. What it means is that if you have done reasonably well in GATE, PSU may ask you to come down to their office directly for the interview and would not require you to appear in the entrace exam.

The benefit is not just limited to the PSU, several private compaines also pay attention to the GATE score while giving job to a candidate. Therefore I would recommend you to appear in the GATE and if possible both PGECET and GATE exam.
25th July 2012, 08:52 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Default Re: Names of the M.Tech entrance exams conducted in AP? I am a B.Tech computer science student

hii....!!!

-->For m.tech you can give the entrance exam GATE.

-->GATE is most common entrance exam in today which opens all the gates to enhance one 'career.

-->GATE IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC.

-->SYLLABUS YOU CAN CHECK FROM THE WEBSITE AS WELL.

*FOR MORE INFORMATION CHECK THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE:
www..upsc.ac.in

all the best....go ahead!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?