20th September 2012, 12:50 PM
sonam_21

Am i eligible for GATE exam after doing MBA from Allahabad University

I have done MBA from Allahabad University. Am i Eligible for GATE Exam 2013 or not?

9th January 2013, 11:18 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for GATE exam after doing MBA from Allahabad University

NO, you are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for the GATE 2013 exams.

GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted by IIT each year.
GATE scores is used for admissions in ME/MTECH or Phd and PSU companies uses GATE scores for shortlisting candidates for Job Interviews

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is: BE/BTECH pass
Final year BE/BTECH student can also apply
or
M.sc/MA/MCA in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

After doing your MBA, you can apply for the UGC-NET exams.
You can apply in the subject Management
Minimum eligibilty is Post Graduation with Minimum 55% marks
29th August 2013, 05:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for GATE exam after doing MBA from Allahabad University

No, you are not eligible. Engineering and M.Sc graduates are eligible. M.Sc degree must be obtained in physical science or chemical science or equivalent. MCA holders can also apply. ther is no upper age limit. Candidates can attend the test any number of times.
1st September 2013, 05:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonam_21 View Post
I have done MBA from Allahabad University. Am i Eligible for GATE Exam 2013 or not?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

This exam is conducted for M-Tech admission , PHD admission and some of the organization recruit the candidate through GATE score.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.There is no marks criteria in Graduation degree for GATE exam.

No , MBA student are not applicable for GATE Exam .

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.3rd year student are NOT eligible for GATE exam. Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2014 GATE exam.

But you are applicable for UGC NET Exam .

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam but their is also some marks criteria.For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For JRF ,The age should be below 28 years and for Lectureship there are no age limit.
2nd September 2013, 10:32 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for GATE after MBA but you must be a B.Tech. Graduate.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, is an entrance exam conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. Courses in IITs, NITs etc.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed B.Tech. Degree in any stream from a recognised University, can apply for GATE. There is no upper age restriction to apply for GATE.

Hence if you have completed MBA after B.Tech. Degree, you are eligible to apply for GATE.
2nd September 2013, 12:05 PM
EFDRTG

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE 2014:

Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes..

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology

Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2014- 15.

DIPLOMA HOLDERS IN ENGINEERING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
2nd September 2013, 02:26 PM
Mattyjkk

Reputed institutions in Allahabad:

The names of some of the reputed higher education institutions offering education from the city of Allahabad are given below:

• Allahabad Agricultural University

• Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University

• J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technologt

• Prayag Sangeet Samiti

• Motilal Nehru Medical College

• Allahabad University

• Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology

• Indian Institute of Information Technology

MBA from Allahabad:

As mentioned earlier, there are some prominent institutions in the city of Allahabad and therefore, MBA course offered in Allahabad has great value since most of the afore-mentioned prominent institutions offer MBA course to aspiring candidates. For seeking admission to the MBA course in the city of Allahabad, candidates must have completed their degree course from a recognized university in any discipline from a recognized university preferably from the state of Uttar Pradesh and even other state candidates are eligible to apply to the MBA degree from colleges in Allahabad. The prominent institutions for MBA in the city of Allahabad is the Motilal Nehru Institute of Research & Business Administration popularly called as MONIRBA, which belongs to Allahabad University and admission to the MBA course in this institution is done based on entrance test called as MONIRBA Admission Test.

List of MBA Colleges in Allahabad:

• Motilal Nehru Institute of Research & Business Administration

• United Institute of Management

• Shambhunath Institute of Engineering & Technology

• IIBM International Allahabad

• Govind Ballabh Pant Social Science Institute

• IIIT Allahabad

• LDC Institute of Technical Studies

• IERT Allahabad

• BBS College of Engineering and Technology

• Shambhunath Institute of Management

• Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology (MNNIT-A)

• Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad (IIIT-A)

• Allahabad Institute of International Management (AIIM)

• Unnati Management College

• Gyan Institute of Management & Technology

• Joseph School of Business Studies - Allahabad

• Sam Higginbotom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences
2nd September 2013, 02:33 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonam_21 View Post
Hi,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering.

GATE is conducted for admission in M.Tech., M.E., and other Public sector organizations job exam.

You are not eligible for GATE, as you have done MBA and not an engineering degree.

Eligibility for GATE ~~

You should have done B.Tech/ B.E / B.Arch from a recognised university.

OR

M.Sc. / M.Sc. in maths / statistics ./ MCA from a recognised university.

So, if you want to do Ph.d, then you can give UGC NET exam.
2nd September 2013, 03:39 PM
No 1
Senior Member+

GATE stand for- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam conduct by IIT.

Yes,

You are eligible for GATE exam after MBA, but you must be B.Tech graduation complete.

GATE Eligible Criteria like ::

The candidates must be complete graduation degree in any recognized university

You must be complete B.Tech or MCA degree.

The Final year candidates are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no age limit.

All the best.............
2nd September 2013, 05:15 PM
sonyalex
Member+

Hi friends, GATE means graduate aptitude test in engineering and this test the one of the eligibility test to do m.tech. Coming to your query you are not eligible to write gate exam as an MBA student.
2nd September 2013, 05:21 PM
sonyalex
Member+

Hi friends, GATE means graduate aptitude test in engineering and this test the one of the eligibility test to do m.tech. Coming to your query you are not eligible to write gate exam as an MBA student.
2nd September 2013, 09:33 PM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

My dear The GATE is a ( Graduate Aptitude Entrance Test ) which is taken for the admission in the M.tech or M.C.A.

Only the graduate candidate in B.tech and other technical degree holder can apply for it .

Eligibility for gate is -:

Candidate should be Graduate from a recognized university board .

Have not any Backlogs in Graduation .

The Final year candidate can also apply .

A candidate can appear only two times in this exam .

You should also be a Indian citizen to apply for this exam .

B.arch candidates can also apply for it .

After passing this exam the candidate will get admission in top Universities and

I.I.T of India and also get some scholarship .

Thanks have a nice day .

3rd September 2013, 08:22 AM
akshay50jnvkd

Dear friend,

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering(GATE) after completing your MBA.
GATE exam is conducted by different IIT's in each for recruiting the student for M.E/M.TECH and fr Psu's for job interviews.
But after doing your MBA you can apply for UGC-NET exams.

Eligilibilty criteria for UGC-NET exam:

Post graduation with minimum of 55% marks

GOOD LUCK
3rd September 2013, 07:51 PM
bat cool

hello

There are restrictions for writing GATE exam. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering

All the candidates applying for this exam must complete 12th with maths, physics, chemistry group

All the B.Tech, B.Arch completed candidates can apply

All the candidates completed B.Sc + M.Sc or MCA or BCA+MCA can apply

If you have completed B.Tech then apply other wise no

all the best
4th September 2013, 02:15 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

GATE stands for graduate aptitude test for engineering , this exam is conducted for pursuing master degree in engineering

there are some eligibility criteria for gate exam , there are restrictions on gate exam every student can't go for it,

for gate, student must have completed his graduation from b.tech or mca ,

if you have completed your graduation from either b.tech or mca then you are definitely eligible for gate

but if you have completed your graduation from other than mentioned above then you are not eligible,

ten you have a option of ugc-net ,eligibility is 50% marks in post graduation,

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?