6th October 2011, 06:38 PM
ruhisaram

Information about AFCAT entrance scheme? Is there any scope for computer science engineers?

hello sir,
i am a student of cse 7th sem...& i want to join air force & i want to know about the afcat entrance scheme...like when afcat exams are conducted.....i want to be in flyinhg branch & is there any scope for computer science engineer in this.....

8th November 2011, 05:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about AFCAT entrance scheme? Is there any scope for computer science engineers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhisaram View Post
hello sir,
i am a student of cse 7th sem...& i want to join air force & i want to know about the afcat entrance scheme...like when afcat exams are conducted.....i want to be in flyinhg branch & is there any scope for computer science engineer in this.....
Dear friend,

Yes, Computer science engineer are eligible for AFCAT exam.

AFCAT Eligibility Criteria:

Ground Duty Branches –

EDUCATION: Post graduation or Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.

Flying Branch –

EDUCATION:B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks.

Technical Branch –

EDUCATION:Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.

All the best
27th December 2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Information about AFCAT entrance scheme? Is there any scope for computer science engineers?

from vivek
Hello sir,
i am student of EEE 5th sem & I want io join AIR FORCE .am i applicable for giving AFCAT exam
12th August 2012, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i am a student of mechanical engineering 1 st semester can i apply for afcat exam
11th September 2012, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM A CSE STUDENT.NOW ME IN 3RD YEAR.I WOULD LIKE TO BE A PILOT IN FUTURE IN IAF.WHAT CAN I DO FOR THAT...?
4th June 2013, 12:29 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhisaram View Post
hello sir,

Yes you are eligible to give the AFCAT Exam.

AFCAT Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. Both men and women can give this examination. This exam is conducted by the Indian Air Force. By giving this exam you will get the chance to enter any one of the following wings of your choice:- Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branch.

Eligibility Criteria For Each Branch:-

Flying Branches:-

1. Educational Qualifications:- You need to complete graduation with not less than 60% of marks from a recognized university. You need to have physics and mathematics at 10+2 level.

2. Age Criteria:- Between 19 and 23 years.

3. Height:- 162.5 cms with correlated weight.

Technical Branch:-

1. Educational Qualifications:- You need to get a B.Tech degree in Aeronautical Engineering with not less than 60% of marks at UG level.

2. Age Criteria:- Between 18 and 28 years.

3. Height:- 157.5 cms with correlated weight.

Ground Duty Branches:-

1. Educational Qualifications:-

i) For Administration & Logistics Branch you need to be a graduate with not less than 60% of marks or a post graduate with not less than 50% of marks.

ii) For Accounts Branch you need to complete B.Com and secure 60% of marks or you can complete M.Com with not less than 50% of marks.

iii) For Education Branch you need to complete post graduation in any discipline with not less than 50% of marks.

2. Age Criteria:-

For Graduates: 20 to 23 years.
For Postgraduates: 20 to 25 years.
For LL.B: 20 to26 years.
For M.ed/Ph.D/CA/ICWA: 20 to 27 years.

3. Height:- 1570.5 cms with correlated weight.

AFCAT Exam Pattern:-

Areas which needs to be given more importance:-

-General Awareness
-Verbal Ability in English
-Numerical Ability
-Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test

Hope this helps :-> :->
19th January 2015, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Information about AFCAT entrance scheme? Is there any scope for computer science engineers?

[QUOTE=ruhisaram;1243545]hello sir,
i am a student of cse 7th sem...& i want to join air force & i want to know about the afcat entrance scheme...like when afcat exams are conducted.....i want to be in flyinhg branch & is there any scope for computer science engineer in this.....[
17th March 2015, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a student of cse 3rd sem.I also want to join the air force therefore i want to know about the books which are better for afcat.please Sir tell me about books...........
17th March 2015, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Information about AFCAT entrance scheme. Is there any scope for computer science engineers in technical branch?

Sir, I am a student of cse 3rd sem.I also want to join the air force therefore i want to know about the books which are better for afcat.please Sir tell me about books...........
Can the cse student join airforce for technical branch
13th July 2015, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Which option should I choose in qualifying examination in part 2 of afcat application?
22nd December 2015, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

i am confused with part 2 graduation option for computer science students..
Which option have to adapt from given 6
As there is no option available for computer science student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?