30th August 2011, 07:07 AM
Unregistered

Is this necessary to give NET Exam to teach in Engineering Colleges being an Engineering student?

sir , i am engineering student.. i want to do my career in teaching ... is it necessary to give NET exam for me ,to teach in engineering college.. my mail-id [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges for GME (Graduate Mechanical Engineering) course in India -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Required Eligibility criteria to teach Mathematics in Engineering Colleges? Can a candidate with M.Sc Maths and M.Tech in CSE be eligible to teach Computer Science in Engineering Colleges?
  3. What should I do to if I want to appear for NET and SET exam and teach in colleges?
  4. Is MCAPh.D candidate eligible to teach in engineering college
  5. Can anyone teach in engineering colleges after doing M.Tech through distance education
  6. What are the top chemical engineering colleges in karnataka?
  7. Am i eligible to give NET exam after graduating in B.Com with 77%
  8. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  9. Can I teach in polytechnic college after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Is M.Sc Software engineering with PhD eligible for Teaching in Engineering colleges?
  11. What is the eligibility criteria for mathematics teaching in Engineering
  12. Am I eligible to teach chemistry in JNTUK engineering college? I did MSc biochemistry from Osmania University with 59%
  13. Which are the best colleges for me to do B.Tech or B.E in Robotics Engineering?
  14. Which exam should I give for admission in UK, US or Canada? Best engineering college in these countries?
  15. Can i do teaching after passing Diploma in Electronics Engineering?
  16. Best engineering colleges for Civil Engineering?
  17. Can I start a teaching career without having experience in teaching? I have done M.A Economics
  18. List of Marine engineering colleges in Pune for Diploma in Mechanical engineering student? -- [New]
31st August 2011, 11:11 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this necessary to give NET Exam to teach in Engineering Colleges being an Engineering student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir , i am engineering student.. i want to do my career in teaching ... is it necessary to give NET exam for me ,to teach in engineering college.. my mail-id [email protected]
If you are Interested to become a lecturer in Government and Private colleges, Then Its better if you can apply for the NET Examination.

NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and this examination was conducted by UGC Twice in a year - June and December.

>> After cracked the NET Examination candidates are eligible to become Lecturer in government and Private colleges, After completing master degree course candidates are also eligible for lectureship, But If you have cracked the NET Examination the you will get jobs in government colleges with high salary package.

>> So, If you have completed your Master degree course then you are eligible to apply for the NET Examination, But you have to scored minimum 55% marks in your Post graduation only then you are eligible to apply for NET Examination, Final year Post graduate candidates are also apply for NET Examination.

>> So, If you are Interested then please apply for the December NET Examination, the Notification of December NET Examination was going to be published soon in the month of September 2011. Eligible candidates may apply for this examination online and the examination fees of NET was Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through challan in any SBI bank and If you need more information then please check the UGC Official website -

http://ugcnetonline.in
31st August 2011, 01:07 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Default Re: Is this necessary to give NET Exam to teach in Engineering Colleges being an Engineering student?

YES absolutely it is a law whixh is passed by government that you must be NET qualiffied if you want to pursue a lectureship in government or private institutes/colleges

Being a engineering student you need to qualify NET then only you can apply for lectureship
So if you are interested in lectureship then you can apply for NET exam this december attept ,notifications will be announced in the month of september
BEST OF LUCK
31st August 2011, 02:14 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend .....

Ya it is necessary to clear the NET exam if you want to become a professor in the Government or the Private engineering colleges.
This has been clearly directed by the UGC then candidates with the NET degree are only eligible to teach in the engineering colleges.

But then some of the private colleges are recruiting the candidates without the NET score also.But then for the Government colleges you strictly need the NET score card to become a professor there .

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test conducted by the UGC (University Grant Commission) twice a year generally in the months of the June and December.

The eligibility for the NET exam us that one should have done the Master or the post graduation degree from any of the recognized board or university with a minimum of the 55% of the marks.

So if you wish to give the NET exam then you have to first complete your Master or the Post Graduation degree with the minimum of the 55% of the marks .

For any other info about the NET you may visit the official website of the UGC...
http://www.ugcnetonline.in

Hope this has cleared your queries.

Best of luck for future.

Regards
~PRAVIR~
24th January 2012, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarpravir007 View Post
Hello friend .....

Ya it is necessary to clear the NET exam if you want to become a professor in the Government or the Private engineering colleges.
This has been clearly directed by the UGC then candidates with the NET degree are only eligible to teach in the engineering colleges.

But then some of the private colleges are recruiting the candidates without the NET score also.But then for the Government colleges you strictly need the NET score card to become a professor there .

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test conducted by the UGC (University Grant Commission) twice a year generally in the months of the June and December.

The eligibility for the NET exam us that one should have done the Master or the post graduation degree from any of the recognized board or university with a minimum of the 55% of the marks.

So if you wish to give the NET exam then you have to first complete your Master or the Post Graduation degree with the minimum of the 55% of the marks .

For any other info about the NET you may visit the official website of the UGC...
http://www.ugcnetonline.in

Hope this has cleared your queries.

Best of luck for future.

Regards
~PRAVIR~
no net is not necessary
23rd December 2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have Completed MCA So can I Teach To BE Student....or i need to pass Th NET Exam.
30th December 2012, 09:09 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

Hi Friends............

Yes, its necessary to give NET exam to teach in engineering colleges being an engineering student..........

ALL THE BEST..............
31st December 2012, 03:57 PM
umang_28
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,
NET -National Eligibilty Test.

NET exam is conducted by UPSC.

Yes it is necessary to give NET exam . if you want to become Government college lecturer than you have to pass NET exam.

the eligibility to apply for NET exam is that
candidate must have complete Master or the Post Graduation degree with the minimum of the 55% of the marks from any recognised university.

umang_28

31st December 2012, 06:20 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is necessary to appear for National Eligibility Test if you want lecturer job in government colleges. There is no such criteria if you are applying for the lecturer job in private engineering colleges.

It is mandatory to appear for the National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission for lectureship in government colleges. No government college would hire you without that. Similarly if you want teaching job in government schools the candidate has to clear Teachers Eligibility Test.

Therefore if you have completed post graduation which will be M.Tech if want to teach in engineering colleges, you should appear for the National Eligibility test. But please do ensure that you are meeting this certain criteria.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. A post graduation degree in any discipline.

3. Must have completed PG from UGC affiliated university.

4. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation are required.

5. 50 percent marks are required if candidate belongs to SC/ST.

6. Final year students of post graduation course are also eligible to apply for NET.

7. But they will require to submit PG degree within 2 years.

8. NET subject you select should be relevant to PG course.

9. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

10. There is no upper age limit for college lectureship.
15th March 2014, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

sherlyntwin,
you have mentioned eligibility as that PG from UGC afflitd univrsity but what should i do since i completed my MBA in AICTE affliated college .i am really confused b/w AICTE and UGC .can u pLZZZZZZ help me.
thanks in advance
regards,
divya
16th March 2014, 12:34 AM
advait A

Quote:
The NET(National Eligible Test) is necessary for become a teacher in various engineering collages.
The exam your teaching approach just being a good teacher.
Don't worry it is easy just think to do it.
16th March 2014, 12:36 AM
advait A

Quote:
The NET(National Eligible Test) is necessary for become a teacher in various engineering collages.
The exam test your teaching approach for just being a good teacher.
Don't worry it is easy just think to do it.
2nd April 2014, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

no net is not required for teaching in enginnering colleges.. i am a teacher my self
10th September 2014, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

NET is necessary for those subjects that have NET examination conducted by UGC and jointly conducted by UGC-CSIR but not for technical subjects. Some day before there was no NET subjects in Engineering discipline. Recently UGC-CSIR jointly added a discipline Engineering Sciences for their NET examination. My question to all concern persons whether it will mandatory to be NET qualified for all future recruitment in technical colleges or not?
11th September 2014, 02:50 PM
mrs MS

hello sir no need of net exam ,because u belongs to engineering background and pg is compulsory to being lecturer in engneering college and as well as tet
27th October 2016, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

NO, THERE IS NO NET FOR ENGINEERING, YES JRF EXAM IS THERE FOR ENGINEERING SCIENCE BUT NOT FOR LECTURER SHIP, YOU NEED VALID M.TECH FULL TIME DEGREE.
P.HD IS ADDED ADVANTAGE.
20th March 2018, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

I am BE(ECE) & M Tech(ECE) & NET qualified. At present I am a P HD student. How can I get Lectureship in any college?
21st March 2018, 01:01 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Quote:
I am BE(ECE) & M Tech(ECE) & NET qualified. At present I am a P HD student. How can I get Lectureship in any college?
Congratulation to clear the NET Exam.
As you are NET Qualified, Get your E-Certificate and apply for the vacant posts of assistant professor in the interested universities or colleges.
The Candidates can check the vacant seats in the colleges and apply for the post.
Net qualified candidates will be given preference while the selection of the assistant professor as it is the minimum eligibility for the lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?