9th August 2012, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to give NET exam after graduating in B.Com with 77%

Sir/Mam,
I am a b.com graduate with 77% marks. I am currently in m.com 1st year(management). I would like to ask you if i am eligible to give the NET exams this before i get completed with m.com? If yes,which subjects should i opt for? I am also learning french language and i teach french language to students from 8th-12th std. I would like to get into translations and also teach degree students. Will it be possible to manage both together?
I would be obliged if you would answer my queries.

1st October 2012, 04:46 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to give NET exam after graduating in B.Com with 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,
I am a b.com graduate with 77% marks. I am currently in m.com 1st year(management). I would like to ask you if i am eligible to give the NET exams this before i get completed with m.com? If yes,which subjects should i opt for? I am also learning french language and i teach french language to students from 8th-12th std. I would like to get into translations and also teach degree students. Will it be possible to manage both together?
I would be obliged if you would answer my queries.
NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is one of the most famous examination for the post of Lectureship and Junior Research fellowship, but graduate candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination, if you are really interested then please complete your Post graduate course and try to scored more than 55% marks in your post graduation.

When you complete your post graduate degree course then you are eligible to apply for NET Examination.

NET examination is conducted two times in a year i.e in June and December.

This year June NET Examination was already completed and Notification of December NET Examination is going to be published soon.

Eligible candidates may fill the application form of NET Examination online, the application form fees of NET is Rs 450 and you have to Pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank.

You have to choose the subject in NET on the basis of your post graduation.

If you are doing your post graduation in Management then you ca choose Management subject in NET.

There are total 3 papers in this examination and all are objective, you need to prepared as per the pattern and syllabus. If you want more details about NET, then please check official website.

ugcnetonline.in
1st October 2012, 05:01 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Hello dear,
NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted by UGC, two times in a year and to apply for this examination, you have to complete your post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks, Final year post graduate candidates are also eligible for NET.

This year June NET Examination was already completed and the result was also out. If you have appeared for June NET Examination then please check your result soon. The result is available in the official website of UGC.

There are total 3 papers in NET Examination and all are objective one, First paper is compulsory and same for all and other two papers is based on subjects you choose.

You have not mentioned the subject in which paper you need, But please do not worry because you can download paper directly from the UGC website, it is easy to download papers. Please visit the given links and download the papers.

good luck
1st October 2012, 05:18 PM
sbhndsen
Member+

No, after graduating in B.com u r not eligible for NET. After completing post graduation and secure at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree/ equivalent exam from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
It is also eligible for the candidates who appear/ will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited/ candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks. In this scenario, candidates must complete their PG degree exam within 2 yrs from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
1st October 2012, 05:20 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET - NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST, conducted by UGC two times every year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University. There is no restriction to the upper age limit for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should be within the age of 28 years.

Hence after Graduation in Commerce with 77% marks it is not possible to apply for NET. So you have to complete your Post Graduation with no less then 55% marks in order to apply for NET.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugcnetonline.in
6th May 2019, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Can zoology graduate student appear for iit jam if yes then can we after qualifying do msc integrated msc in zoology
10th February 2021, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

I scored 49.8% in my post-graduation m i able to apply for net
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?