10th December 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to if I want to appear for NET and SET exam and teach in colleges?

I want to appear for net and set exam and want to teach in colleges. At present i am a school teacher. I am 30 years old. What should i do ?

12th December 2011, 09:35 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to if I want to appear for NET and SET exam and teach in colleges?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to appear for net and set exam and want to teach in colleges. At present i am a school teacher. I am 30 years old. What should i do ?
If you want to be a lecturer in college, you will have to qualify the National Eligibility Test, which is conducted twice a year by university grant commission.
To be eligible, you need to hold a masters degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks. If you have score less than 50%, you will not be considered eligible for the test. If you belong to SC/ST category, you need to have scored 50% in the same.
You are only eligible to apply for the subject in which you have done your masters and if in case, the subject is not available in list of UGC, you can apply for any of the subject which you have studied in your masters program.
There is no age limit to apply for the exam, so, even at the age of 30, you can apply for it.
The examination is conducted in the month of June as well as in December.

For more information, refer to the official website of UGC NET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?