20th June 2010, 10:05 PM
silvia

NET exam criteria for Btech students?

wat are the criteria for net exam for an b.tech student?

21st June 2010, 07:29 AM
murali009

Default Re: NET exam criteria for Btech students?

Hi...
http://www.biotecnika.org/biotech-career-guide/Can-a-B.Tech-GATE-qualified-Student-give-CSIR-JRF-NET-exam

This link show the details of the exams and Mtech students are not eligible for this exam.......
21st June 2010, 08:38 AM
jicks

National Eligibility Test is conducted by National educational testing bureau of UGC to determine the eligibility for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.
These test are conducted Twice a year in June and December and Advt/Notification will be published in Employment News in March and September each year.

Minimum qualification to write this exam would be Master's Degree with 55% marks.

You have to complete your M.Tech and then only you are eligible for writing NET
21st June 2010, 02:17 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear frnd

first complete ur M.TECH from a goodcollege at least of 55% aggregate marks then u will be elligible 4 NET.

go through employment news to knoe the xam dates

best of luck
21st June 2010, 02:56 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,
To sit for National Eligibility Test,the candidate must score 55% in masters degree or its equivalent in social sciences,languages,computer science or electronic sciences.
So you first complete M.tech in your stream and then sit for NET.
All the best!
21st June 2010, 05:14 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

B.Tech candidate for NET

If you are a B.Tech student and want to persue P.hd then you can do so without appearing to NET exam, but under UGC.

B.tech/B.E. candidate does'nt required to write CSIR-UGC-NET.

CSIR has a special criteria for that.B.tech/B.E. candidates can directly persue P.hd with JRF from CSIR.

If candidate had appeared for GATE and must have valid and Very good GATE score and percentile, then for those there is a special scheme of fellowship.

This is a special criteria which CSIR has for B.tech students.Which ia popular with the name GATE-JRF.The candidate will b given oppurtunity to persue P.hd directly from IIT's or IISC or NIT's or other institutes of national importance.

The eligible candidates will recieve call letter which is known as "Award letter" from the Director of CSIR laboratories.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
21st June 2010, 08:12 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

you can complete b.tech degree then you are elligible for net exam this exam conduct by ugc. and more information log on www.ugc.ac.in.
21st June 2010, 08:33 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

yes net exam is best for b.tech students. this exam conduct by ugc only.
21st June 2010, 10:37 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by murali009 View Post
Hi...
http://www.biotecnika.org/biotech-career-guide/Can-a-B.Tech-GATE-qualified-Student-give-CSIR-JRF-NET-exam

This link show the details of the exams and Mtech students are not eligible for this exam.......
B.Tech students cannot write the NET exam. A student can apply for JRF after doing M.Tech. You can log onto the site of UGC i.e. www.ugc.ac.in for more details
22nd June 2010, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

There is no NET exam criteria for B.Tech. students. One can sit in NET exam only after doing
M.Tech. with 55% marks for general and obc candidates & 50% marks for SC candidates.
25th June 2010, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

I completed MTech(Industrial Engineering) But I wish to pursue a teaching career in an MBA College.
Do I need to appear for NET ?

I checked the website ugc.ac.in & found that the only "related area" in which I can appear for NET are
Management
25th June 2010, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,If i have complete my graduation in publib admin. Subject and post graduation in history then in which subject can i appear in NET Exam
26th June 2010, 07:23 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

B.tech student are not eligible for appear in NET exams. If you are interested to appear in this exams, then you have to do M.tech. If you have scored more than 55% marks in M.tech, then you are eligible to appear in NET exams.

So, the minimum eligiblity creteria to appear in NET exam is, the candidates have a master degree with 55% marks.
29th June 2010, 11:20 AM
Prashant kumar thakur

Dear Sir,If i have completed my graduation in public administration subject and post graduation in history then in which subject can i appear in NET Examination,and tell me whether there is any other subject option to choose...
From,
Prashant kumar thakur
30th June 2010, 01:26 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant kumar thakur View Post
Dear Sir,If i have completed my graduation in public administration subject and post graduation in history then in which subject can i appear in NET Examination,and tell me whether there is any other subject option to choose...
From,
Prashant kumar thakur

Generally candidate have to appear for Subject in which they have completed there Master degree.

It is clearly mentioned in the Eligibility Criteria of NET that:-

Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No. 9, may appear in a related subject.

Since, your Post Graduate Subject History is in the list of 93 Subjects in Item No.9 of NET, so you have to appear for NET for History only.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
11th July 2010, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabi for net exam
14th July 2010, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i hav compleated my btech in IT,
nw im doing mba in operations from IGNOU.
is it possible for me to write NET after compleating mba from IGNOU
15th July 2010, 10:01 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvia View Post
Hi
You can not give NET because you dont have Masters.
Only masters degree holder can give this exam.
So, first complete your masters then check for this exam.
I have attached one pdf file which contain eligibilty criteria.
Please check that. Its usefull to you.

Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGC-CSIR NET.pdf(25.4 KB, 393 views)
15th July 2010, 11:31 AM
Senior Member+++

I am giving u the full detail about your query :

Who can apply?
Fresh BE/ B Tech degree holders with valid GATE score. The selected candidates will have to pursue Ph.D. There can be two possibilities under this:

Get direct admission to Ph.D programme of University/ IIT/ NIT/REC etc
After joining as JRF-GATE, the candidate may pursue MTech as a part of PhD programme, where their thesis semester (last semester) should be spent at the CSIR laboratory relating to lab specialization in order to keep the continuity for the PhD programme. OR
Those who are starting the thesis semester of ME/ MTech programme and having valid GATE score and desirous of pursuing PhD.It may be noted that these candidates have to work on their PhD problem and should not be employed in sponsored projects.
SELECTION PROCEDURE

Selection of these GATE qualified JRF’s can be done by the Director of the CSIR laboratories and forwarded to Head, HRDG for the issue of requisite award letters. Director may permit the candidate to provisionally join JRF-GATE subject to meeting the eligibility criteria and issue of formal award letter from HRDG.

WHO ARE NOT ELIGIBLE

M.Tech candidates (either with BTech/ MTech or with MSc/ MTech) are not eligible for this fellowship. They have a separate opportunity for direct SRFship through interview. All those eligible for direct CSIR SRF cannot apply for this fellowship.

STIPEND AND TENURE

The fellowship is to be given to a candidate for a total duration of five years within which the candidate is required to complete the PhD degree. This fellowship amount is Rs 12000/- plus HRA per month. In addition, contingency grant of Rs 20,000/- per annum (calculated on pro rata basis for fraction of a year) is available to each fellowship as per the CSIR guidelines.
Further on completion of two years as JRF-GATE, the fellowship may be upgraded to SRF-GATE and stipend may be increased to Rs 14000/- per month in the subsequent years on the basis of assessment as per normal CSIR rules. In exceptional cases where the fellow has completed MTech within one year of joining JRF-GATE, the Director may assess the performance of the fellow (through a three member assessment committee) and recommend upgradation of the fellowship to SRF-GATE. All other conditions of JRF-NET will apply.

View original notification at http://csirhrdg.res.in/gate.htm
15th July 2010, 12:21 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
the minimum eligiblity creteria to appear in NET exam is, the candidates have a master degree with 55% marks.

B.tech student are not eligible for appear in NET exams. If you are interested to appear in this exams, then you have to do M.tech. If you have scored more than 55% marks in M.tech, then you are eligible to appear in NET exams.
15th July 2010, 03:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
i hav compleated my btech in IT,
nw im doing mba in operations from IGNOU.
is it possible for me to write NET after compleating mba from IGNOU
yes I think so Since IGNOU is UGC recognised I think that this PG degree is enough for NET
15th July 2010, 03:42 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

there are many net exam you can apply for:
1.csir net
2.ugc net
3.iit net
4. iisc net.

net is direct examination to take students from graduate level,
they provide you a extra degree.
plus give you a fare stipend too.
15th July 2010, 08:02 PM
Shagun Makin

Dear friend,

To get admission in National Eligibility Test you must have to score minimum of 55% in masters degree.

And also you should have 55% in these subjects:

social sciences,computer science or electronic sciences.

All the best!!!
18th July 2010, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my ME (CSE) with more than 80%. I am willing to work as lecturer. Do i have to write NET or SLET?. Please clarify.

Pugal
24th August 2010, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my M.Tech Degree with Distinction.. when can i apply for JRF Or Lectureship exam...
17th September 2010, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

sir I am a pass bio science pass graduate.Latter I complete MA in EDUCATION with 61% marks. I am 31 now.Can I fit for UGC NET criteria?
15th March 2011, 03:24 AM
Unregistered

I did B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering in year 2010 and scored 59% then I did PG-Diploma course in Information Systems and Cyber Security from C-DAC with 76.37% score. I appeared for GATE in year 2010 and scored 84.89 percentile. I also authored a research paper which got published in an International conference. Am I eligible for JRF? Can someone tell me how should I apply for it?
15th March 2011, 03:32 AM
vishrut1104

I did B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering in year 2010 and scored 59% then I did PG-Diploma course in Information Systems and Cyber Security from C-DAC with 76.37% score. I appeared for GATE in year 2010 and scored 84.89 percentile. I also authored a research paper which got published in an International conference. Am I eligible for JRF? Can someone tell me how should I apply for it?
7th July 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

net syllabus in mtech(cse)
8th July 2011, 12:02 AM
hardeep002

Smile Re: NET exam criteria for Btech students?

it requires only master degree with 55 perct for general and 5 perct for sc candidates..
thank you
best of luck.....
8th July 2011, 01:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvia View Post
dear friend,

NET EXAM
Hi

Candidates having master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are only eligible to apply for the UGC NET examination. Since you are in first year so you are not eligible to apply for the NET exam.

To apply for the NET exam you should have to post graduate first and only then you are eligible to apply for the NET exam. The detailed eligibility criteria for the NET exam is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidates having master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. and have scored 55% marks are eligible to apply for the NET exam.

Candidates of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) should have 50% marks .

Candidates who are appeared in the final year exam are also eligible to apply for the NET test.

so after completion of your master degree you are eligible for NET exam.

all the best
28th September 2011, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

i am a btech student and doing my 3rd sem of 2nd year.i wanna do research fellowship program from CSIR,so could you please what are the criteria for this.and am i a eilligble student for this?
1st October 2011, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

i have completed m.tech in Electronic Design & Technology(ECE) with 70% of marks.Am i eligible for NET EXAM.If yes please tell me the syallabus.
12th August 2012, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

sir i m a btech ec final year student.plz suggest me some courses so that i can be special from others.
12th August 2012, 11:54 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Sorry,
but ,you are not eligible for NET exam because you have not master degree.

Education Qualification

Candidates having master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications.

Candidates of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) should have 50% marks .

Candidates who are appeared in the final year exam are also eligible to apply for the NET test.
13th August 2012, 12:25 AM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,

If you are a B.Tech student and want to persue P.hd then you can do so without appearing to NET exam, but under UGC.

CSIR has a special criteria for that.B.tech/B.E. candidates can directly persue P.hd with JRF from CSIR.

If candidate had appeared for GATE and must have valid and Very good GATE score and percentile, then for those there is a special scheme of fellowship.

This is a special criteria which CSIR has for B.tech students.Which ia popular with the name GATE-JRF.The candidate will b given oppurtunity to persue P.hd directly from IIT's or IISC or NIT's or other institutes of national importance.

The eligible candidates will recieve call letter which is known as "Award letter" from the Director of CSIR laboratories.

Thanks
13th August 2012, 09:24 AM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

This is a special criteria which CSIR has for B.tech students.Which ia popular with the name GATE-JRF.

The candidate will b given oppurtunity to persue P.hd directly from IIT's or IISC or NIT's or other institutes of national importance.

18th August 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.Tech in Electronics and communication Engineering and M.Tech in Embedded Syatems...Which subject should I appear for?Electronic Sciences, right?
18th April 2016, 02:56 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my btech in electronics and communication engineering and planning to do mtech.. I am interested to go as a lecturer in universities/colleges ...so how far this net exam will help me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?