25th June 2020, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Is NET and JRF entrance exams compulsory for Teaching jobs after M.Sc Nursing?

Hi, I have completed my M.Sc Nursing and wants to get in Teaching area. I heard that for teaching one must qualify the UGC NET and JRF. Is it true? Do I also need to appear for NET and JRF?

24th August 2020, 11:41 AM
bhardwaj12
Junior Member+

Default Re: Is NET and JRF entrance exams compulsory for Teaching jobs after M.Sc Nursing?

Yes, if you want to teach at College, you have to pass the UGC NET and JRF exam.

UGC NET & JRF are same exams. The only difference is that you need more marks for JRF as compared to NET. Top 6% of students who qualify NET exam gets JRF. NTA Conducts the UGC NET exam twice a year.

UGC NET Eligibility 2020
The basic criteria that candidates must fulfill to meet UGC NET eligibility 2020 are:

Candidates should secure at least 55 per cent aggregate marks in post-graduation

Candidates should not be more than 30 years in age in order to be eligible for JRF

There is no age restriction to apply for the post of Assistant Professor

A relaxation of five per cent in educational qualification is given to reserved category candidates

A relaxation of five years in age criteria is given to reserved category candidates

Candidates who have cleared State Eligibility Test (SET) before June 1, 2002 are exempted from taking the UGC NET exam
24th August 2020, 06:43 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is NET and JRF entrance exams compulsory for Teaching jobs after M.Sc Nursing?

Certain educational field required UGC NET /JRF score card in colleges and certain colleges doe not asked for it
In school ,you can handle biology or biochemistry very well,where UGC/JRF score card is not a compulsion,yes CBSE/ICSE do ask for B.Ed degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?