13th August 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

List of entrance exams available for PhD in Computer Science? Will I have to pass NET JRF and CSIR exams?

Hello sir, I wan to do PhD in Computer Science from top universities of India. Send me list of entrance exam available for it? Will I have to pass NET JRF, CSIR exam?

17th August 2017, 07:35 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of entrance exams available for PhD in Computer Science? Will I have to pass NET JRF and CSIR exams?

Below I have mentioned some of the Entrance examinations to apply for the Ph.D course, just have a look over it.

UGC NET exam
Symbiosis PhD Entrance Examination
AIMA PhD Entrance Exam
JNU PhD Entrance Exam
ICT Mumbai PhD Entrance Exam
Indian Agricultural Research Institute PhD Entrance Exam
Osmania University PhD Entrance Exam
AIIMS PhD Entrance Exam
National Brain Research Centre, PHD Entrance Exam
PhD Examination: Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur
BR Ambedkar Open University PhD Entrance Exam
BITS Pilani PhD Entrance Examination
IISC PhD Entrance Exam
PhD Entrance Exam of NMIMS University Mumbai
Chaudhary Devi Lal University (CDLU) Sirsa PhD Entrance Exam
NIPER PhD Entrance Exam
Alagappa University PhD Entrance Exam
Kurukshetra University PhD Entrance Exam
University of Hyderabad PhD Entrance Exam
GTU PhD Entrance Exam

So, qualify in any of the above mentioned examinations to opt for the Ph.D course.
18th August 2017, 07:04 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: List of entrance exams available for PhD in Computer Science? Will I have to pass NET JRF and CSIR exams?

Below I have listed entrance examinations available for PhD in Computer Science:
>Bharathidasan University PhD Entrance Exam
>Centre of Behavioral and Cognitive Sciences (CBCS), University of Allahabad PhD Entrance Exam
>Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
>IIST Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology Thiruvananthapuram PhD Admission Test
>Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur IIITDM PhD Admission Test
>Indian Institute of Science (IIS) Entrance Test
>Indraprashtha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Delhi - PhD Admission Test
>Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (JIIT) Noida PhD Admission Test
>Osmania University PET PhD Entrance Exam
>Tata Institute of Fundamental Research -School of Technology and Computer Science PhD Entrance Exam
>University of Delhi -Department of Computer Science - PhD Entrance Exam.
No, don't have to pass both NET and CSIR examinations, you need to qualify in either of the examinations so as to become eligible for admission into PhD programme.
18th August 2017, 11:17 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to PhD in Computer Science course, you are required to follow certain educational qualification and need to appear in an Entrance Examination.

Entrance Examinations are basically divided into two categories. They are,

> All India Level Entrance Examination
* CSIR NET
* GATE Exam
* UGC NET ...etc.,

> Concerned College's PhD Common Entrance Examination

besides having Post Graduation as a basic educational qualification, you must have appeared in any one of the above mentioned entrance examination.
26th August 2017, 11:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I wan to do PhD in Computer Science from top universities of India. Send me list of entrance exam available for it? Will I have to pass NET JRF, CSIR exam?
If you have completed masters degree in Computer Science with above 55% marks then you are eligible for Ph.D course in Computer Science.

List of the entrance exams are,

GATE

UGC NET

CSIR NET

Yes, you can apply any entrance exams which are mentioned above.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?