20th May 2011, 05:06 PM
sagarag

Opportunities for me in UPSC after doing BCA? Which subjects to choose?

sir m dong my bca nd i want to know what are the oppertunities for me in upsc....and which subject i hv to choose for the same...????

pls give me some valuable suggestion....!!!

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects are better to be opted for UPSC by a BCA student?
  2. Should I start preparation for UPSC exam along with B.Sc if completed 12th? What are the other opportunities if not selected in UPSC?
  3. Which subjects should I choose for UPSC Exam being a candidate pursuing Environmental Engineering?
  4. How to choose subjects for UPSC exam? Which books should be referred?
  5. How may i choose non technical subjects for UPSC exams?
  6. Cut off marks for doing BCA? Is there any entrance exam for admission? Job opportunities?
  7. Can I be eligible for UPSC exam after scoring 54$ in 10th, 63% in 12th and 65% in BCA?
  8. How to choose the optional subjects for upsc preliminary and mains exams? can I choose more than one option? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to choose Optional Subjects for UPSC mains?
  10. Can a student study BCA after studying biology science? What are the subjects in BCA? What are the job opportunities after BCA?
  11. Subjects to choose in graduation to form a good combination with BCA?
  12. How to go for RAS or IAS after completing BCA with 73%? Which subjects to choose?
  13. Which subjects to choose for UPSC exam? I am a student of MBA
  14. Are CA students eligible for UPSC exam? How to apply for the same and which are the subjects to be chosen?
  15. Teatative dates of UPSC Exam? Which subjects should I choose being a candidate of BDS?
  16. Detailed information about UPSC for BCA student?
  17. How to prepare for IAS and which subject should I choose?
  18. Detailed information and subjects available to study BCA? Entrance exam to get admission? -- [New]
27th August 2011, 11:34 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Opportunities for me in UPSC after doing BCA? Which subjects to choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarag View Post
sir m dong my bca nd i want to know what are the oppertunities for me in upsc....and which subject i hv to choose for the same...????

UPSC is a constitutional body of India which is deeply committed to select and recruit the well qualified personnel in to the responsible positions.

UPSC is not an examination. It is a body which conducts examination.

UPSC Conducts various examinations like
->CSE = Civil service Examination.
->CDSE=Combined Defense services examination.
->SCRA Exam
->Combined Medical services exam
->Engineering services.
->Central forces exam.
->Geoligist exam
->Indian Forset services.
->Indian statistical services exam.

etc., there are many more examination which are conducted by UPSC.

as you are a bca graduate you are eligible for many exams like CSE(Civil service examination) and CDS etc

but you are strictly not eligible for exams like IES :Indian Engineering services
IFS : Indian forest services etc.,

if you want to appear in CSE of UPSC then you have to apply for the same after a notification this is a three stage pattern in the first stage(CSAT) there is no need to select optional subjects as the syllabus is similar for all the candidates who are from various backgrounds.

for the next level of the examination you have to select two optional subject along with General studies.

so here you can select any subject of your interest there is no compulsion that you have to select this subject or that subject its your wish to select any subject you like.
Mostly the aspirants will select their core subject if available if your core subject is computers then it will not be there in that list then you have to select other subjects which are available .

I hope you understood. if the doubt persists once you can also check the official web page of UPSC.

To view the official website just click here.!

all the best for your preparation.

Regards

~AdityA~
28th August 2011, 01:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Opportunities for me in UPSC after doing BCA? Which subjects to choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarag View Post

Dear friend,

Yes BCA student are eligible for UPSC exam.

Those are graduate are applicable for UPSC exam.

But your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Age relaxation is provide 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

So if you want to apply for civil service exam you can visit upsc own website.

Optional subjects in the UPSC exam :

Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Mathematics
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

All the best.
18th June 2014, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Opportunities for me in UPSC after doing BCA? Which subjects to choose?

I am a bca student is it necessary to take maths as a optional subject for upsc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?