20th May 2012, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

How to choose subjects for UPSC exam? Which books should be referred?

Hi,

I am a B.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering) 2008 batch passout and currently working in an MNC. I want to prepare for UPSC exam. I just want to ask that which subjects I should choose for it's preparation (assuming no subject selected from Engineering). Kindly provide me the choices with books names of the subjects with author name.

Thanks in advance!

20th May 2012, 11:45 PM
akshay1fand

Default Re: How to choose subjects for UPSC exam? Which books should be referred?

*I would like to tell you that pali literature is best option for you

* If you like history then it is also a good option

*Administration is also a good option for passing

@ But its your choice to select a subject @

Dont select your favourate subjects ,take easy sub. for you to paasing

Best Of Luck

Thank You
Akshay Fand
27th May 2012, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to choose subjects for UPSC exam? Which books should be referred?

Hello,
I am a B.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering) can i choose history or geography for upsc exam.
2nd June 2012, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

hi, am a petroleum engg student with mediocre grades. currently am in 3rd yr. i want to give UPSC exam which subjects should i prefer for passing? are civil services better than the scope in petroleum engineering?

please solve my query.
10th June 2012, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing my BBA right now and i wanted to give upsc exams after my third year.
Can you please suggest me the subjects which i should select ???
2nd July 2012, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for upse exam? please suggest me.
25th July 2012, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

which subject should be choose for upsc exam i have completed my tybcom from commerce field and i got only 40%
26th July 2012, 12:03 AM
padmasree253

Thumbs up Re: How to choose subjects for UPSC exam? Which books should be referred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to apply for upse exam? please suggest me.

HI FRIEND

UPSC

Civil Services Exam Pattern;

: union public service commission upsc conducts civil service exam yearly once for the vacancies of IAS, IFS, IPS and the central Govt Jobs group A and group B. upsc civil services examination conducts of two successive stages.

1) Preliminary Examination (written)

2) Main examination (written and interview)

A) preliminary examination
:The applied candidates who are eligible go to the first stage of preliminary examination .In this exam consists 2 papers with objective type questions Maximum marks for each paper 200 .Question papers given in English and Hindi languages .Each paper time duration 2hrs.
Paper-I -maximum marks -200
Paper-II -maximum marks -200

B.1.Main examination: The candidates who are qualified in civils preliminary examination go for second stage main examination. Main exam consists of written test and interview. In written test consists of 9 papers with essay type questions. The question papers other than language papers will be given both Hindi and English languages.

Paper
subject
Maximum marks
I
Selected Indian language
II
English
III
Essay
IV
General studies paper-1
V
General studies paper-2
VI
Optional subject 1
paper-1

VII
Optional subject 1
paper-2

VIII
Optional subject 2 –
paper -1

IX
Optional subject 2-
Paper -2

B.2.Interview:

on the basis of main examination qualified candidates are called for interview in 1:2 ratios (The number of candidates called for Interview will be twice the number of vacancies) .Total marks obtained by the candidate in the Main Examination would determine the candidate’s final ranking.

FOR APPLICATION FORM YOU CAN VISIT WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN &
www.upsconline.nic.in/

ALL THE BEST.....
22nd August 2012, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have done my graduation with chemistry honours...can i take chemistry as optional subject for preparation of upsc? Would it be a right decision? What should be the another subject as optional-2 ??? Plz rply..
2nd September 2012, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

sir,i am studying civil enginerring 3rd sem how to prepare for upsc exams? can i take civil engg.. and public administration as optional subjects
26th March 2013, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

I m BDS , please tell me which subject i shoud take for upsc exam
30th April 2013, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

which writer's book i should have use for philosophy.please sugest me
18th April 2015, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir , I am commerce graduate and I want to know which subject I should select. Please help me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?