28th September 2015, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

Person having 46% in graduation and 55% in post graduation can sit for NET exam?

If any body has got 46% in graduation and 55% in post graduate... Is he able to sit for net exam? Is anyone has experienced anything like that then let me know.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I be eligible for L&T after scoring 60% in 10th and 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Whether i am Eligible for NET SET?
  3. What should I do if I don't have minimum 50% in Graduation?
  4. Am I eligible for NET Exam after completing intermediate with 50% and graduation from distance with 65%?
  5. How can I get admission in IIT being a student of Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  6. How much percentage is required in Graduation and Post Graduation for UGC NET exam?
  7. Can I appear for NET Exam after completing post graduation in Mathematics?
  8. Am I eligible for NET Exam after graduation with 54.72% and post graduation with 53%?
  9. Am I eligible for NET Exam after graduation with 54.72% and post graduation with 53%?
  10. For which courses can I apply for after graduation in BSc Economics(Hons)? Is it possible to sit for ISI exam?
  11. Which subject to choose to appear for NET exam after completion of LLB Graduation?
  12. Eligibility to be an Assistant Lecturer after qualifying UGC NET but 46% marks in graduation and in MBA 58% marks? Do I need to qualify NET again if I repeat graduation and post graduation?
  13. Am I eligible for TGT after completing B.A and B.Ed with english
  14. With 45% in graduation am I eligible to give the exam for Probationary Officer's post??
  15. Am I eligible to write NET or SET exam after getting 54.72% in graduation and 53% in graduation?
  16. What to do after my degree in M.A? Are there any good options?
  17. Is it mandatory to appear in the subject of post-graduation only for NET?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for IAS after completion of Graduation in Liberal Art?
28th September 2015, 04:43 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Person having 46% in graduation and 55% in post graduation can sit for NET exam?

Yes, you will be eligible to sit for NET exam after securing 55% marks in PG .

NET stands for National Eligibility Test .

It is an entrance examination conducted at national level for the candidates who wishes to get teaching jobs in government university.The candidate who wants to pursue Ph.d. degree can also appear for the NET exam .

NET exam is conducted by UGC (university grant commission) twice a year in the month of June and September .

The eligibility criteria for NET exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed Masters degree in related subjects with at least 55% of marks. Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The candidates appearing for JRF should not be above 28 years of age. The candidates appearing only for lectureship have no upper age limit. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to SC/ST/OBC or physically disabled or women or visually handicapped.
28th September 2015, 06:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Person having 46% in graduation and 55% in post graduation can sit for NET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If any body has got 46% in graduation and 55% in post graduate... Is he able to sit for net exam? Is anyone has experienced anything like that then let me know.
You have completed post graduation degree with 55% marks so you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET Exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)
28th September 2015, 06:56 PM
JSD.

Of course you are eligible for the NET exam with your PG as 55%.

National eligibility test NET is conducted by the UGC every year for the post of Lectureship and JRFs.The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is to have a master degree course in any stream from a recognised university with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.

There is age bar for the JRF , it is 27 years.One can apply for the JRF upto 27 years age.For the Lectureship there is no limit of age .

There is not any restrictions to opt any particular fix master degree course to be eligible for this exam. One can do any of the available master degree which is available to them or in which they are interested to do.

As you are telling That you have completed your Master Degree with 55% marks in aggregate so definitely you can appear in this exam.
28th September 2015, 08:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for the National Elgibility Test and the examination is conducted by the UGC twice every year.

Yes, the person after scoring the above aggregate in the different courses are eligible for it.

The required qualification to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the master's degree from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have the minimum score of 55% aggregate in the master's degree.

So you are eligible to appear for the examination. The examination is conducted twice in the June and the December. For more information about the examination visit at the www.ugc.ac.in.
28th September 2015, 09:12 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test.

1. Academic Qualification:

Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

55% marks or more in master's degree.

Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

2. Age criteria:

No upper age limit for lectureship but 28 years for JRF.

You can apply for the exam with 55% in master's degree.
28th September 2015, 09:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a person having 46% in bachelor's degree and 55% marks in master's degree can apply for the National Eligibility Test.

National Eligibility Test is conducted by the University Grants Commission in June and December every year. Any candidates having master's degree from a recognized university is eligible for exam with 55% or more marks in it.

For more details, visit www.ugcnetonline.in.
28th September 2015, 11:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

National Eligibility Test is conducted by the University Grants Commission in June and December of every year for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship. The minimum academic qualification for any candidate is that he/she should have done master's degree in any discipline from recognized university.

The percentage criteria for the UGC NET in master's degree is 55% for general and OBC candidates and 50% for the SC/ST candidates. The upper age limit for the JRF is 28 years and there is no upper age limit for lectureship.

So, with 55% in post graduation, you can apply for the NET exam. The December notification will be released soon. Visit www.ugc.ac.in for latest updates.
30th September 2015, 12:24 AM
RRAL

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.This is and entrance exam which is conducted by the UGC every year for the post of Lectureship and JRF.

It is necessary to have a Post graduation degree course in any stream from a recognised university.The students who wish to appear in this exam must have to score minimum 55% marks in their post graduation aggregate.

Since you have completed your post graduation degree with 55% marks so definitely you can go for the NET entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?