15th March 2015, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to choose to appear for NET exam after completion of LLB Graduation?

I have done my graduation in B.A.LL.B(Hons) and my post graduation in M.Sc.(Geo informatics), i want to appear for the NET exam to become lecturer. I am interested in urban planning as its the only common subject in my both courses. please guide me

16th March 2015, 12:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose to appear for NET exam after completion of LLB Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my graduation in B.A.LL.B(Hons) and my post graduation in M.Sc.(Geo informatics), i want to appear for the NET exam to become lecturer. I am interested in urban planning as its the only common subject in my both courses. please guide me
You have completed M.Sc in Geo informatics so you are eligible for UGC NET exam but you can fulfill below given criteria.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted twice time in year by UGC.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.
24th June 2020, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subject to choose to appear for NET exam after completion of LLB Graduation?

Can I correct my optional paper after filling once in ugc net exams?
29th June 2020, 01:02 PM
Edu_tech

Quote:
As you have post graduated in Geo Informatics. So you can apply for the same subject in UGC NET as it is mandatory to fill the subject in which one have been post graduated or the subject relevant to the post graduation. If you want to apply for Urban planning then you can opt for the subject listed by UGC NET that is Population Studies. But I think it will be more beneficial if you clear NET with Geo Informatics. The selection of subject may also depends on either you go for assistant professor only or JRF to pursue PhD in that stream.
I think it will help you.
29th June 2020, 01:25 PM
Edu_tech

Quote:
Can I correct my optional paper after filling once in ugc net exams?

Applicants can make corrections in their form for incorrect or incomplete information. But you cant change the subject code once you have filled. One can make changes in photographs, signature etc details.
The UGC NET provides the option to make correction using the form correction procedure. Applicants may also need to pay some additional fee wherever applicable while correcting the form.

Steps for correction
  • First, visit the NTA UGC NET official website https://ntanet.nic.in.
  • Then click on the ‘Application Form Correction’. tab.
  • Now, login with your credentials such as registration number, password and security pin.
  • After logging, rectify the discrepancy in your application form by selecting the field in which you need to make changes.
  • Make sure that you have been made all necessary rectification before submitting the form. If there is any place of mistake in the form again,then officials have the rights to reject your form.
  • Finally, take a printout of your UGC NET Corrected Form.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?