3rd August 2015, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Can i do Psychology after 12th with Sociology subject?

Related Questions:
  1. Past 2 years question papers for master of mass communication and journalism of Gujarat University?
  2. When and How should I apply for BA course in Psychology-Sociology and English after completing 12th? When is the entrance exam?
  3. Can I study B.Sc(Psychology) if studying 12th Science with Psychology as an optional subject?
  4. Sociology or Psychology after B.El.Ed? Scope for jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Is it better to do PG in Sociology or Psychology?
  6. Is it necessary to have Psychology subject in 11th and 12th in order to opt degree in Psychology?
  7. Which subjects should I choose for doing B.A Honors after doing 12th Arts? Is Public Administration subject a good choice?
  8. What are the career options for me after passing 12th?
  9. List of Universities offering M.Phil course in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka?
  10. How to do BSc Psychology after completing 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science?
  11. What can I do after passing my 12th in English, Hindi, Economics, EVS, History, Sociology and Psychology?
  12. How can I pursue psychiatry after passing class 12th
  13. Colleges under DU offering Psychology(H) a candidate who haven't Psychology in 12th standard?
  14. How to do M.A. in psychology after graduation in B.B.A.?
  15. Which is the best optional subject to take up with Medical stream in 11th? Best option between Maths and Psychology/Sociology/Physical Education
  16. List of Distance universities which offer PG Diploma in Child Psychology course in Mumbai? Eligibility to study for B.A.(Sociology) graduate?
  17. Is majors and honors in economics or sociology is same? Which one to take next after completion of graduation?
  18. Are history and public administration good subjects for IAS?
3rd August 2015, 11:42 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do Psychology after 12th with Sociology subject?

Yes, you can do Psychology after 12th with Sociology Subject.

B.A. Sociology Eligibility :

Candidate who have completed 12th from any recognised board in any stream.
4th August 2015, 12:58 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for B.A in Psychology after completing 12th standard in Sociology. 12th standard with any faculty students are eligible to pursue for B.A in Psychology course. Final year students are eligible.

The minimum educational qualification needed by a student to join the B.A in Psychology is a pass in class 10+2. Those students who have taken psychology, sociology, social work or any or related fields shall be given first preference at the time of admission.
4th August 2015, 11:24 AM
NAVEEN GOWTHAM
Junior Member+

Yes ,definitely a candidate from any stream can study psychology course. You can do graduation course after 12th, which is a three year degree course.
After completing graduation you can also do Master's degree in psychology and even research works also.

One can excel in this subject if he/she has real eagerness about this field which is all about reading and understanding human nature and behavior.

There are different sections of psychology as
i.Clinical psychology
ii.Counseling psychology
iii.Educational psychology
iv.Industrial psychology
v.Development psychology etc..

You can choose any one of these specializations. Various social welfare organizations, rehabilitation centers, child/youth mental guidance centers, counseling centers need trained and skilled psychologists.

So you can opt for this bright career offering you number of prospects in future.
4th August 2015, 04:54 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Yes, you can study Psychology in under graduation after completing your 12th in Sociology. Psychology is the 3 years graduation course. Study of psychology includes a diverse range of activities such as the processes of thinking, learning and perceiving, social relationships and their effects on the personality development, etc techniques of experiments and testing, and statistics. The candidate who completed his/her 12th can apply for these in U.G level. So you can do the Psychology in your graduation.
4th August 2015, 06:03 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue psychology course after class 12.

The candidate can pursue graduation in psychology after class 12 examination. The main eligibility criteria is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination in any stream from a recognized board.

The available courses are B.A (psychology), B.Sc (Psychology).
4th August 2015, 10:44 PM
xiomi china

Yes, you can go for the Psychology as a subject after completing your 12th with Sociology as a subject as, you have freedom to chose other subjects along with the Psychology as a subject too in your Graduation. So, you can go for it.
2nd June 2017, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

I am M.Sc. zoology can I do M.Sc. in psychology & after completion of M.Sc. psychology can i do job of tuitor in M.B.B.S. college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?