21st August 2013, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Is Ph.d in clinical psychology possible after completion of M.Phil in PSW

my m.phil is in psychiatrc social work.&my m.sc. is in applied clinical psychology.so,my question is can i get p.hd in clinical psychology field?if yes then what will be the course duration?

Related Questions:
  1. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks.
  2. Is Ph.d in clinical psychology possible after completion of M.Phil in PSW
  3. Can I do M.Phil or PhD in Clinical Psychology? -- [New]
  4. Should I go for M.Phil in clinical Psychology or Ph.D in Clinical Psychology
  5. Duration of Ph.D in Clinical Psychology program?
  6. What should I do to be a legal Clinical Psychologist in India? I am a M.A in Psychology with 69%
  7. Eligibility for M.Sc clinical psychology? Institutes which offers this course to Nursing graduates? M.Sc and M.Phil degrees will made me Clinical Psychologist?
  8. How to do M.Phil in Clinical Psychology? Which are the universities? I have finished my masters in Clinical Psychology
  9. What is the syllabus for M.Phil in clinical psychology?
  10. How to be a clinical psychologist? I am doing M.A Psychology from IGNOU
  11. Scope of PhD in clinical psychology in India: Salary wise and Job wise? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Applying for NIMHANS M.Phil clinical psychology course before completion of MA psychology?
  13. Date of entrance exam for M.Phil in Clinical psychology from IHBAS?
  14. Sample question papers of PhD Clinical Psychology of NIMHANSE
  15. Procedure to join Clinical Psychology course after completion of B.Sc in Psychology? List of Institutes offering this course in Distance Learning? Career Options for me after completion of this course?
  16. Can I do M.Sc in Clinical Psychology after completion of B.Sc in Psychology?
  17. When will be the Entrance Exam to join M.Phil in Clinical Psychology after completion of MA in Psychology?
  18. Can I apply for M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work or Clinical Psychology?
31st August 2017, 04:12 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Ph.d in clinical psychology possible after completion of M.Phil in PSW

Yes, You are eligible to study Ph.D in Clinical Psychology after completing M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work (PSW).

The eligibility required for studying Ph.D in Clinical Psychology is to complete post graduation level degree or equivalent degree in any related stream with minimum 50% from any recognised university. So, you can study Ph.D in Clinical Psychology.
The minimum duration of the course is 3 years. The maximum duration of the course is 5 years. The duration varies based on the university.

There are few universities which provide Ph.D in Clinical Psychology are listed below.

- Amity university, Jaipur
SGT University, Gurgaon, Haryana
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuroscience, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Central University of Psychiatry, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Kuvempu University, Shimoga, Karnataka
- Santosh University, Ghaziabad
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?