6th October 2010, 12:22 PM
k_raj

PhD after M.Tech in Electrical Engineering

I am pursuing M.Tech in electrical engineering from NIT Rourkela. What is the scope of a career in academics? And should i go for p.hd?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Ph.D in electrical engineering after M.Tech in electrical engineering?
  2. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  3. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I do PhD after doing M.Tech in Electrical engineering through distance education?
  5. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  6. Colleges in south India which provide Mtech or integrated PhD in Mtech in elctromagnetics, Control systms, Signals and systems engineering
  7. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  8. Colleges for PhD in Electrical or Solar engineering?
  9. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  10. Ph.D or M.Tech in mathematics after B.Tech in Electrical engineering?
  11. Is it possible for me to get Ph.D degree in Electrical after completion of M.E Industrial Engineering and B.E Electrical?
  12. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  13. How much GATE Scholarship is provided through MHRD?
  14. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  15. How to do PhD in Electrical engineering through regular studies?
  16. Should I appear in GATE to study PhD in Electrical Engineering in IIT? -- [New]
  17. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  18. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
6th October 2010, 02:04 PM
aotiwari

Default Re: PhD after M.Tech in Electrical Engineering

If you are interested in research then go for a Phd programme.
There is a good scope for academics in this field.
Apply to I.I.Ts and I am sure you will get admission in the subject of your choice
6th October 2010, 02:16 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: PhD after M.Tech in Electrical Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_raj View Post
I am pursuing M.Tech in electrical engineering from NIT Rourkela. What is the scope of a career in academics? And should i go for p.hd?
dear friend,

obiviously you can go for phd.for stay in academics you need to complete p.hd.it will a feather in your cap.if you have some years industrial experience then you will be a boss over subjects.

good luck.
6th October 2010, 04:25 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

DEAR i think there is no need to go for phd.M.TECH IS MORE THEN enough to get good jod in any college and also in power sector like
BHEL,NTPC,NPCIL your branch is also very good
all the best
6th October 2010, 07:03 PM
mseetharamster

Going to PhD or settling in job depends on whether you wants to enter teaching field or settle as professional
commonly those who wants to enter teaching field,although professional do go

if you get a good job through M.Tech do the job if not going for PhD is advisable...........
6th October 2010, 07:50 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Your thing is good, I like that friend, i will give you one idea, you try that,Junior Research Follower will be asking by the IGCAR , you prepare well for the exam, it will be very hard to clear the exam, but recruitment will be less, this year that exam has been finished, Next year at April they will be asking, Best of luck, i will send you the attachment check it out.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IGCAR.pdf(97.1 KB, 204 views)
31st October 2010, 04:55 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: PhD after M.Tech in Electrical Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_raj View Post
if you are interested in higher degree and also in research work then you should do ph.d otherwise leave it. but today the world want more higher studies . you can apply for iits , and since you are in niit , you have the chances of iits for ph.d the choice is yours
31st October 2010, 11:41 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definitely after PhD & M.Tech in Electrical Engineering, you can join in the field of academic.

if you have good academic records then it will be very helpfull to you to get chance as a lecturer.

all the best.............
21st May 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

hi.... i got job in tcs. i did my m.tech in digital systems and computer electronics(ECE). i got interview call from IIT kharagpur to do ph.d in vlsi. can any one suggest me which way to go? any idea about the exact duration that would take to complete phd at iit kharagpur?
reply me @[email protected]
22nd September 2011, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

is Btech electrical engineer is eligible for phd.
12th October 2011, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

hi friends....I am pursuing Mtech as distance education in Electrical engg, Am i eligible for Phd please get back me friends....
12th November 2011, 11:53 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

hello dear

definitely after PhD & M.Tech in Electrical Engineering, you can join in the field of academic.

if you have good academic records then it will be very helpfull to you to get chance as a lecturer.

all the best.............
3rd December 2011, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i want to know the scope after m.tech.and i also want to do p.hd.give me some suggestions
24th December 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

hello sir...i completed my b.tech,and i selected for M.Tech(by research) leading to ph.g program from k.l.university.
its duration is 4 years.so is it useful for me?.and what are the carrier after this course?
please mail your suggestions to mail id [email protected] .
24th August 2013, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

Hello .. i completed my mtech from nit-kuk in power system and then joined IBM via campus selection. Now i feel this is not the field where i see my growth and neither any interest is left . My age is 27 now .. i am planning to go for PHD from a good reputed college. Please suggest me will this be the right step to take and what are the chances of well settled career if i complete PHD ?
15th July 2015, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

I am M.E. from NIT Allahabad and having 27 years of industrial experience kindly suggest whether to do phd to go further in academic like phd or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?