14th May 2016, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Should I appear in GATE to study PhD in Electrical Engineering in IIT?

Hello,
Now I am doing M.E. 2nd year in Electrical Engineering. I want to join PhD in Electrical Engineering in IIT. So, should I have to appear in GATE for doing PhD in IIT?

16th May 2016, 11:52 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I appear in GATE to study PhD in Electrical Engineering in IIT?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue Ph.D in Electrical Engineering in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT):

The basic eligibility criteria required to pursue Ph.D in Electrical Engineering in IIT is given below.

>> Candidates must have passed Master's Degree in Engineering or Master's Degree in Technology with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university.

>> Yes, I should say that you are required to appear in GATE Examination in order to pursue Ph.D in Electrical Engineering in IIT.

>> ( Or )Valid CEED score or CSIR JRF/ UGC JRF is required in order to be eligible.

>> As you are doing 2nd year of Master's Degree, you are required to qualify any one of the entrance examinations.
17th May 2016, 01:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I appear in GATE to study PhD in Electrical Engineering in IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Now I am doing M.E. 2nd year in Electrical Engineering. I want to join PhD in Electrical Engineering in IIT. So, should I have to appear in GATE for doing PhD in IIT?
Yes, you should appear for GATE exam to get admission in IIT for Ph.D course.

If you have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then, you are eligible for GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?