29th December 2019, 04:18 AM
Rahemeen Zama

Is PhD compulsory for writing UGC NET examination?

Hi, I have completed my M.Com and I wish to write UGC NET examination. However, I have not completed my PhD. So, can I apply directly for UGC NET entrance examination without PhD? Or, PhD is mandatory for writing UGC NET exam?

5th January 2020, 07:41 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is PhD compulsory for writing UGC NET examination?

If you want to get financial aids from UGC then PhD is a necessary.
Otherwise you may join some PSU or any colleges or universities as an assistant professor.
5th January 2020, 09:59 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is PhD compulsory for writing UGC NET examination?

No it's not necessary to do PhD after qualifying UGC NET exam.
You can do PhD if you want to work as a professor. It is not necessary but could be desirable.
Many universities like IITs, IIMs, NITs ask for PhD and 2 to 3 years experiences in the field.
If You want to make career in the lectureship and proceed further upto vice chancellor and director you must go for the PhD otherwise not.
The Net exam is being conducted in 3 papers. You can take help from UGC NET books to prepare for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?