26th April 2020, 05:37 PM
Ayeshathul lubna.s

Possibility to join Indian Army for candidates qualifying B.Com hons.?

Hi, I have recently completed my B.Com hons. and wish to join Indian Army. Am I eligible for it? If yes, then when and how can I apply for it? In which department and at which designation can I be posted in Army with B.Com? Is there any entrance?

29th April 2020, 05:26 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Army for candidates qualifying B.Com hons.?

Combined Defence Service examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment as an officer in defence wings.

The eligiblility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 19-24 years.

Examination is conducted in two stages. So, candidates qualifying in both stages of the examination will become eligible for recruitment as a Lieutenant.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th April 2020, 11:46 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Army for candidates qualifying B.Com hons.?

Yes, Bachelor of Commerce candidates can apply for Combined Defence Services conducted by UPSC for Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy.

>>The minimum academic qualification is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university of Central or state government.

>>The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years and that for OTA is 19-25 years.

You will have to crack written test and qualify Service Selection Board for final selection generally as Lieutenant in IMA or OTA.
29th April 2020, 05:00 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army you need to qualify CDS entrance Examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and to join the same you need to qualify CDS entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Examination followed by SSB interview.

CDS has four wings which includes Naval Academy ( NA ), Air force Academy ( AFA ), Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

Eligibility criteria required to apply for CDS examination is Candidate must have completed Bachelor's Degree from a recognised university. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination. Candidate age must lie between 19 to 24 years for joining Indian Army.

So, you are eligible to join Indian Army being a B.com honours graduate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?