1st April 2019, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study BTech in IIT for a candidate after completing BSc(Physics)?

Hi friends, I am studying BSc with Physics Honours from Osmania University. But I want to do BTech course from IIT. So, after completing my BSc course it is possible for me to study BTech in IIT? Kindly let me know asap.

4th April 2019, 04:30 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech in IIT for a candidate after completing BSc(Physics)?

In order to get admission in B.Tech course in IIT college, the candidate should have passed 12th class with science stream from a recognized board. The admission of all the candidate will be done on the basis of the Joint Entrance Examination. The age limit to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination is in between 18 to 25 years. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in IIT on the basis of your B.Sc course. My suggestion to you is that you should go for the Master of Science course in Physics after B.Sc course rather than B.Tech course.
4th April 2019, 11:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech in IIT for a candidate after completing BSc(Physics)?

To get admission in IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ), you have to appear and qualify in Joint Entrance Examination.

Joint Entrance Examination is conducted in two stages. The common eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM from a recognised board.

Candidates after 12th are eligible to appear for twice in a year. So, you have no option for appearing in the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?