25th June 2020, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study MBBS after completion of Engineering degree course?

I have done my BE and I was from the Bio stream at 10+2 which qualified with an aggregate of 75%. Now, I wish to change my stream and wondering if I can do MBBS or not. Could anybody please confirm me.

28th June 2020, 08:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MBBS after completion of Engineering degree course?

The eligibility to get admission in the MBBS course is to appear and qualify in NEET.

The common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board in PCB as main paper.

The minimum age limit is 17 years.

So, candidates with above qualification are eligible to appear and after qualifying in the examination eligible for admission in the course.
29th June 2020, 02:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MBBS after completion of Engineering degree course?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is a bachelor' degree course for which the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate in PCB from a recognised board of education. Marks relaxation upto 10% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category as per the government norms.

So, even having opted for Degree course in engineering, you can still opt for pursuing MBBS degree if you hold the minimum education required to pursue the same degree course by quiting your BE degree course.

Further, for pursuing MBBS degree course from any medical college in India, you are required to qualify NEET UG or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination.
30th June 2020, 04:22 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is not at all possible to switch from Engineering to MBBS. The only way is you have to your BE and then you have to get admission to MBBS by cracking the Entrance Exam.

You did not mention which year of Engineering you are pursuing. Whichever the year it is, it will result in academic career loss.

In addition to that, it is not so easy to get admission to MBBS.

Candidates will take long term Coaching to crack the Entrance exam for 1-2 years.

Hence I will suggest you to complete your current Engineering course and look for job opportunities in the same domain.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?