25th February 2017, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study Master degree in Electrical engineering through GATE for Industrial Engineering holder?

Hello sir, I am in final year of Industrial Engineering degree course and after it want to study master degree in Electrical engineering. Can I study it through GATE exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream can an Electrical Engineer choose other than Electrical for master's degree? -- [New]
  2. Is it possible for me to get Ph.D degree in Electrical after completion of M.E Industrial Engineering and B.E Electrical?
  3. How to do M.E or M.Tech after completing B.E and EC?
  4. Possibility to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) for Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  5. Is it possible to do M.Tech in Robotics after doing B.Tech in EEE?
  6. Best colleges for MS in Germany? How much rank required to get full scholarship? What is the total expenditure?
  7. How should I Join M.E after finishing B.E in 2nd class?
  8. What's the fee structure of NIT, Durgapur for B.Tech course?
  9. Which course should I join after completing B.E in electronics and telecommunication branch
  10. Is there any possibility for me to pursue Master degree in Biotechnology or Genetic Engineering being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year CSE? What all areas should I need to cover to get through GATE Exam?
  11. Eligibility criteria and syllabus for recruitment in and higher studies in BARC ? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to apply for M.E in correspondence after completing BE ECE?
  13. M.E course offering in Chennai under Anna University?
  14. Am I eligible to study Electrical Engineering Diploma course being an employee and a certificate holder in Electrical?
  15. Is it a good decision to move from Master degree in Electrical Engineering to Engineering Management? Is Engineering Management better than Electrical Engineering? What is the scope of Engineering Management in USA as well as in India?
  16. Is AMIE equal to B.Tech?
  17. What should I do for Aerospace Field after doing Graduation with PCM subject?
  18. Possibility to do Ph.D after B.Tech in Electrical engineering without masters degree? What should I do for it?
26th February 2017, 11:53 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Master degree in Electrical engineering through GATE for Industrial Engineering holder?

Yes, you are eligible to study Master degree in Electrical Engineering course through GATE examination being a Industrial Engineering holder. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Science stream from a recognised university are eligible to appear in GATE examination. So, by appearing and qualifying the GATE examination, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
26th February 2017, 07:46 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study Master degree in Electrical engineering through GATE for Industrial Engineering holder?

M.Tech in Electrical Engineering is a 2 years post graduation degree course. Candidates who have completed their B.E/B.Tech in electrical engineering or equivalent examination from a recognized college/university are eligible for the above mentioned course. In order to pursue M.Tech in Electrical Engineering you have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the institute itself or you can also get admission on the basis of marks secured in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). So, with a valid GATE score you can seek admission in reputed institutes to pursue master's degree electrical engineering.
26th February 2017, 09:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to clear GATE in the said stream to become eligible for admission. Hence, when you fill the application form, select electrical engineering subject.

If you can qualify this exam with a good score, then surely you will be eligible for admission in master degree in electrical engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?