21st May 2019, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to apply and appear for IAS and GATE examination together?

I am a B.Tech student from Mechanical department. I want to know that can I apply for IAS examination or not? And, can I appear for GATE and IAS together?

25th May 2019, 09:35 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to apply and appear for IAS and GATE examination together?

No, it is not compulsory to appear for Civil Service ( IAS ) and GATE simultaneously.

Candidates passed B.Tech are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination between 21-32 years of the age.

There is no age limit for the GATE.

So, you can make choice for the appearing according to yourself and age criteria.
26th May 2019, 06:26 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to apply and appear for IAS and GATE examination together?

Being a B.Tech degree holder in Mechanical engineering, you are eligible to apply for both GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) as well as the Civil Services examination (i.e; IAS examination) at the same time provided you satisfy the eligibility conditions required for these examinations.
26th May 2019, 06:45 PM
stutiswet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a B.Tech student from Mechanical department. I want to know that can I apply for IAS examination or not? And, can I appear for GATE and IAS together?
If you are in final year of B.Tech course, then you can apply for IAS exam. Because, final year students and graduates are eligible for IAS exam. Yes, you can appear for GATE and IAS exam together in the same year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?