29th November 2018, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to complete graduation after a gap of 8 years?

I cleared my 12th in the year 2005 but due to domestic reason I could not continue my graduation. Now I want to be graduate in Arts stream. I want to pursue BA either from a regular university of distance. Is it possible?

30th November 2018, 08:35 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to complete graduation after a gap of 8 years?

No, it is not possible to complete graduation after a gap of 8 years. For every course, there will be minimum and maximum duration. The minimum duration of B.A course is three years and the maximum duration is six years. That means, you have to complete the B.A course with minimum duration or within maximum duration. Since, you have already crossed the maximum duration of 8 years, you are not eligible to continue it and you need to take fresh admission in first year of B.A course.
30th November 2018, 09:36 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in the bachelor degree in regular course.

For admission in general bachelor degree course there is no upper age limit to get admission in most of institutes and colleges.

So, you are eligible to get admission, if you have the required qualification to get admission in any particular course. To get detail about the admission procedure visit the official website of respective institute.
30th November 2018, 12:10 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

There is no upper age limit or gap year bar to get admission in the general bachelor degree course.

So, you are eligible to get admission in the B.A course after 8 years of gap. You have to fulfill the required procedure to get admission in the course.

You are eligible to complete the course in regular or distance mode as per your convenience.
30th November 2018, 03:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There is no upper age limit defined for pursuing Bachelor's degree from Indian universities. You can apply for admission in first year of bachelor's degree in regular or distance mode.

IGNOU will be the best university for pursuing Bachelor of Arts in distance mode. It is UGC and DEC approved.
30th November 2018, 03:57 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes it is possible to pursue graduation after a long gap also.
It is not restricted anywhere that one cannot continue studies after gap.
You can pursue from any of the mode it should be either regular mode or distance mode.
30th November 2018, 05:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to pursue Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university after an academic gap of 8 years. You can pursue graduation at any age. The qualification required is that candidate should be 12th passed from a recognized board.

Top universities are:

Delhi University.

Indira Gandhi National Open university.

Sikkim Manipal University.

B.R Amedkar university.
30th November 2018, 06:47 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, yes it is possible to complete graduation after a gap of 8 years,

Here I am giving the name of the university in which you should apply for graduation course.

BEST PLACE FOR YOU

** IGNOU

** Nalanda Open University

** Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Open University

** Tamil Nadu Open University.
30th November 2018, 10:13 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to complete graduation after a gap of 8 years.

Yes, you can go your graduation again after a gap of 8 years.

You can apply for graduation from IGNOU.

IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University

Here you can pursue your graduation from distance.

Eligibility:-

You must have passed 12th class with physics, chemistry and mathematics or equivalent .

There is no age limit to get admission in IGNOU.

For more details please visit http://www.ignou.ac.in.
30th November 2018, 11:42 PM
K.bharti
Junior Member+

A better education is always available for every Person...
Don't be disheartened if you could not continue your study earlier...you can easily get addmission for graduation eighter regular or distance course....
IGNOU ...SMU ...and many other universities provide distance education in all over India...you contact them and Go ahead
1st December 2018, 10:03 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to complete the graduation course which you have left 8 years back. For every course, there will be minimum and maximum duration. The minimum duration of B A course is 3 years and maximum duration is 6 years. To be eligible to get a bachelor's degree certificate, you need to complete the course with minimum duration or maximum duration else, your admission cancelled. Since, you have crossed the maximum duration of the course, your admission might have cancelled and you cannot continue your graduation course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?