16th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after B.tech IT

i have another course to join in aeronautical engineering so please advise me..

17th December 2012, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after B.tech IT

Iam padma APIIIT , i need the information regarding internship for the metallurgical students
17th December 2012, 12:56 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after B.tech IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have another course to join in aeronautical engineering so please advise me..
Dear,

No doubt the work profile and attractive salary package provided to the aeronautical engineers attract many engineering aspirants to choose this field. You can do M.Tech in this field after completing your B.tech in aeronautical engineering or mechanical engineering.

If you have done your B.tech from any other stream then it may be possible that you are not given admission in this course but some of the colleges may give you admission you have good academics record and you have performed well in the entrance test.

The only entrance test held in india for giving admission in M.tech course is GATE. You can write GATE during your final year or after your B.tech. If you qualify this exam you will get many options for admission and thus you can take admission in M.tech in any reputed engineering colleges in India in the stream you want.

Going from IT field to completely aeronautics will be a drastic change. I don't know what make you thought about this change but if you manage to get admission in aeronautical engineering in any college then be prepared for hard work as then you have to go through the bachelor's degree course of this stream as in M.tech the subjects are advanced of what you had studied in B.tech. So in order to understand your subject you need to have a good base of your B.tech subjects.

If you are not prepared for such hard work i will suggest you to go for IT or CS only in M.tech. As CS students also get chance in ISRO and NASA where aeronautical engineers mainly dream of getting job.

So, think before you do anything. Best of luck!
18th December 2012, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

How to apply the UPSC exam after the b.tech completed ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?