15th September 2016, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to do B.Ed if completed BA with gaps in between?

I have completed My BA 1st and 2nd in 2004-2005. After this due to some reason I dropped it and then in 2010 I completed my BA 3rd. Now I want to do B.Ed. Is it possible? Am I eligible for TET exam?

15th September 2016, 03:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do B.Ed if completed BA with gaps in between?

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education. This is a teacher training course and B.Ed has now become compulsory for all those who want to become teacher in government schools. Academic qualification required for Bachelor of Education is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for examination.

Candidate should have minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree to apply for B.Ed entrance exam. You can apply for Bachelor of Education after pursuing bachelor of arts. There is no upper age limit for B.Ed and gaps will not matter. You can become eligible for TET only after completion of B.Ed.
15th September 2016, 05:45 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do B.Ed if completed BA with gaps in between?

1. You have completed Bachelor's degree in arts in 2010. The minimum academic qualification required for Bachelor of Education is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Second most important criteria to be eligible for Bachelor of Education is that you must have 55% marks or more in Bachelor's degree. You can apply for B.Ed even with gap years.

2. TET stands for Teacher Eligibility test. The qualification for this test is bachelor's degree in any discipline plus bachelor's degree in Education. You can apply for TET only after B.Ed course.
15th September 2016, 06:35 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do b.ed. and also apply for TET as there is no age limit to apply for the course.

B.Ed stands for Bachelor's of Education.

Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is a two year duration undergraduate academic degree which qualifies the graduate as a teacher in schools.

Academic qualification required for admission in B.Ed. course is Bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized University.

There is no restriction on upper age limit and time of attempts for getting admission to this degree .

Admission to B.Ed. course is based on the entrance exam conducted by various States or concerned Colleges or universities .

The questions asked in the entrance exam are in the form of objective type questions.

Syllabus for the exam :-

English

Basic Arithmetic

General Awareness Test

Teaching Potential Test

General Mental Ability Test

Language Proficiency Test

TET is known as Teacher Eligibility Test. It is an entrance test for those candidates who wishes to become a teacher. The TET test is conducted by both Central government and State Government of India. TET Entrance exam is divided into 2 papers. Paper 1 is for Class 1 to 5 and paper 2 is for class 6 to 8.

The educational qualification required for TET Entrance exam is graduation degree in any discipline with at least 60% marks in aggregate.
15th September 2016, 08:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

For Bachelor of Education, you must have pursued bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. It does not matter whether you have months gap or year gaps. Your bachelor's degree should be valid and from a recognized university. The minimum percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree is 50%.

If you have required percentage of marks in bachelor's degree then you can apply for B.Ed entrance examination. The test consists of questions from General English, elementary mathematics, teaching aptitude etc.

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test. For this test, you can apply only after B.Ed as minimum requirement is bachelor's degree and B.Ed both.
16th September 2016, 12:57 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, any candidate who have completed his bachelor degree with minimum 50% in it are eligible to appear for B.Ed entrance examination.

B.Ed stands for Bachelor in Education and it is two year course. So, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in examination are eligible for admission in course.

The gap year is no issue to get admission in course.
16th September 2016, 12:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed My BA 1st and 2nd in 2004-2005. After this due to some reason I dropped it and then in 2010 I completed my BA 3rd. Now I want to do B.Ed. Is it possible? Am I eligible for TET exam?
You have completed B.A degree, So you are eligible for B.Ed entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or masters degree with above 50% marks from a recognized University are eligible for B.Ed course.

There are no age criteria.

After completion of B.Ed course, you can apply for TET entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?