7th January 2016, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

What is the TCS criteria for academic break?

Respected sir,
I am a software engineer with 3 years of IT experience.I saw a requirement in TCS is "Not more than 2 years break in Career / Academics or Non - IT Experience ".After 10 2 I joined Bsc and very next year I joined B-tech.

So I just I want to know that TCS will consider that 1 year as a Break or normal. Because I have already 15 months gap in IT experience. If you let me know about gap, I will be thankful to you.

8th January 2016, 11:16 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the TCS criteria for academic break?

TCS Company Eligibility regarding Gaps/ Breaks:

Here is the basic eligibility criteria of TCS when Gaps/ breaks are concerned. Kindly go through the below instruction for more details.

>> It is compulsory to declare Breaks/ Gaps, if any, during your academics and work experience in the TCS application form.

>> Maximum up to 24 months (2 years) break may be permissible for valid reasons. Relevant document proof, as applicable, will be checked for gaps in education.

>> The reason for break in academics should not be extended eduction.

>> It is clearly mentioned that "Declare breaks if any during academics/ work experience". Since you have 15 months gaps in work experience, generally it is treated as gap as far as the eligibility is concerned. So you are required to provide relevant document proof as applicable.
8th January 2016, 01:04 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Candidate must not have more than 2 years gap during his/her studies.
So, don't worry. A year gap in your B.Sc will not be considered as gap.
So, you are eligible to appear in TCS placement.
8th January 2016, 01:30 PM
Solution1
Junior Member+

Yes of course. You are eligible to apply. But before apply to the TCS, please ensure that you can apply for the post or not. Sometimes they can modify the break period for Freshers and Experienced candidate. Put mail to HR Talent Acquisition regarding to your query or directly walk to the concern office and clarify doubts. Even you can cross check through phone as well. Hope you got answers. If have any queries please get back to us.
8th January 2016, 06:15 PM
iphone5s

If you are deployed in the job and possess professional experience then your educational gap won't matter much in your carrier.

But, you are also having carrier gap of 15 months, this can cause little issue, but don't worry you can fill this gap, as done by many experienced employee, by adding some course or extra certification or educational activities in these 15 months.
11th February 2018, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

I completed my engineering in July 2017, till now I was searching for job should I need to mention the 6 months gap in tcs application form ?
13th April 2018, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12 th class in 2018 due to some reasons I didnot take admission in Btech instead I want to take drop due to personal reasons for a year. I want to take admission in Btech int he year 2019. So will I be eligible to apply for TCS after completion of Btech
17th April 2018, 08:22 PM
EngineerSolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,
I am a software engineer with 3 years of IT experience.I saw a requirement in TCS is "Not more than 2 years break in Career / Academics or Non - IT Experience ".After 10 2 I joined Bsc and very next year I joined B-tech.

So I just I want to know that TCS will consider that 1 year as a Break or normal. Because I have already 15 months gap in IT experience. If you let me know about gap, I will be thankful to you.
Since you already have 3 years of experience in IT, the previous academic gap wont be of much consideration. Your skills and present experience only matters.
24th August 2019, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

I have 3 years gap after my 12th. But during those time i was enrolled in kota for one year. I have the id card and all the necessary documents. Then next year i joined Aakash for this also i have valid documents. My coding skills and technical knowledge are fairly good. Recently i got selected for TCS interview. Will i be eligible?
20th September 2019, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

I have done ITI after 12th and there after i have done my graduation will this be considered as gap??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?