27th July 2017, 02:51 PM
C. L. Pooja

Is it possible for me to get engineering seat in thrid round seat allotment if failed in mathematics?

Can I get an engineering seat in third round seat allotment if I get good marks in chemistry and physics but failed in mathematics? What are the possibilities for me? Can you please provide me with the information soon as possible? Thank you!

30th July 2017, 11:36 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get engineering seat in thrid round seat allotment if failed in mathematics?

No, it is not possible for you to get admission in engineering course in third round seat allotment if you have failed in Mathematics subject. Only candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in all subjects with PCM stream from a recognised board are eligible to get admission for pursuing Engineering course by qualifying the entrance examination. Since, you have not passed Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing Engineering course.
30th July 2017, 10:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get engineering seat in thrid round seat allotment if failed in mathematics?

The eligibility criteria for admission in engineering course:

1. You must have passed all subjects of senior secondary board examination.

Students who have failed in mathematics can not get admission in engineering.

You should obtain minimum of 50% marks in 12th to be eligible for admission in engineering.
31st July 2017, 02:34 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible for any candidate who has failed in any subject of 12th board examination to get admission in engineering courses through counselling process. You will not be alloted seat because of having fail status in mathematics.

You should either appear for compartment examination of mathematics or regular exam to clear this subject. Only candidates who have obtained more than passing marks are eligible for admission in any bachelor's degree course.
31st July 2017, 05:17 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

It is impossible to get admission in any discipline of engineering after failing in mathematics subject.

Academic qualification for engineering course:

Minimum of 50%marks in 12th board exam with passing marks in all subjects including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

You should first pass in this subject to appear for next engineering entrance exam.
31st July 2017, 09:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for pursuing B.E./B.Tech ( Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology ) degree course you need to have completed your higher secondary school degree with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry with at least 50% marks from a recognized board.

So having failed in Mathematics paper you are not eligible to pursue B.Tech degree course even you are allotted an engineering seat as your candidature will be disqualified at the time of documentation when your marksheet will not show passing marks in your Mathematics paper.

Further the only possibility for you to take admission in this academic year was the option of clearing your Mathematics paper through Compartmental examination and hence if you have appeared and passed in the same then only you can continue your further studies from current academic session otherwise you will have to wait till the next academic year to continue your further studies.
31st July 2017, 10:15 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to get engineering seat in counselling process:

You must have passed in all subjects of 10+2 board exam.

You should have all relevant documents needed for admission in engineering.

Required demand draft of academic fees for course.

Mathematics failed candidate have no possibility of getting admission in engineering college.
31st July 2017, 11:15 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to get admission if you have even a single backlog. If a seat is allotted to you during 3rd round of counseling, then it will be cancelled during document verification and same will be allotted to candidate in waiting. No matter whether you are good or bad in other subjects but you must not have any backlog to get the admission. You must have all results in hand without any pending backlog to get the seat.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?