20th May 2017, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to join Navy having commerce background?

I have completed my +2 with 85% mark in commerce in 2013 and completed my b.com in 2016. I have an interest to join navy, so please reply me sir whether it is possible to join navy courses
My email id: [email protected]

20th May 2017, 07:26 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to join Navy having commerce background?

Eligibility to join Navy:

To join Navy as parents must have completed their 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognised board with minimum 60% marks. If you have completed your 12th standard from commerce stream then you are not eligible for Navy but you are eligible for Indian Army. If you are interested in Indian Army then you can pursue your training after qualifying your NDA exam but for Navy you are not eligible.
20th May 2017, 07:51 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

According to the eligibility criteria it is not possible for a candidate who has completed intermediate with commerce stream to join Indian Navy. As you have completed your 12th standard with commerce tree with highly good percentage that is 85 but still you are not eligible for Indian Navy. Being commerce student you are eligible to apply for Indian Army. And you can join Indian Army through appearing in NDA exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year in the month of July and September. If you are interested you can go for NDA exam and join Indian Army otherwise there's no compulsion you have lot of other opportunities.
20th May 2017, 09:49 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

If you meet the below eligibility criteria you can join Indian Navy

>> Candidate age should not be more than 20 years .
>> For navy officer post only those who have done bachelor degree in Electrical /Marine or architect can apply.
>> Commerce graduate can apply for ground duty jobs like Accounts, HR, store keeper etc in Indian navy.
>> Unmarried candidates are given preference in joining.
>> Candidate also must have a good physical and mental condition for the job.

*** For latest vacancy kindly click here and visit Apply online link in career and Jobs.
20th May 2017, 09:55 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the Indian navy courses. There are 3 categories in Indian navy, the age, education eligibility varies for the different courses.

Eligibility criteria:
- You should be citizen of India.
1. Logistics/ works (for male candidates only):
- Any graduation degree (B.Com/ M.Com/ BA/MA (economics)/ BBA/MBA/ BBM/MBS/ BCA/MCA/ B.Sc/M.Sc from IT/ BE/B.Tech) with minimum 60%.
For works: BE/B.Tech from civil engineering or B.Arch.
- Vision: 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glass.
-Height:
Male: 157Cms
- Weight: It should be proportional to height.

2. Education (for male & female candidates):
- You need have a degree from MSc physics/ MSc chemistry/ MSc maths/ MA English or history/ MCA (physics or maths at graduation).
- Vision: 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glass.
- Height:
Male: 157 Cms
Female: 152 Cms

3. ATC (for male & female candidates):
- You need have a degree from B.Sc in physics or maths or Electronics/ M.Sc in physics or maths or Electronics
- Vision: 6/9, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glass.
- Height:
Male: 157 Cms
Female: 152 Cms

- No color blindness and night blindness.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?