13th January 2015, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

How to join merchant Navy when I have my education background as Commerce?

Hi,

My age is 22, I want to join merchant navy but my education background is commerce, so how can i join merchant navy?

16th January 2015, 08:55 PM
anair

Default Re: How to join merchant Navy when I have my education background as Commerce?

Candidates who are willing to join Merchant navy are supposed to have B.Sc or B.Tech degrees in Mechanical or Marine Engineering.
You mentioned that you have a commerce background. Only those students who are well acquainted with topics of mechanical and marine engineering are eligible to join merchant navy. Commerce subjects do not apply here.
If you are really interested in merchant navy and are ready to wait then I suggest you take up a course in marine engineering. Since you are 22 years old already, and the age limit being 25, you do not have lot of time left for a degree course. Better take up a diploma course.

Higher National Diploma in Marine engineering, is a diploma course which only asks for a 10+2 certificate. This will be a good start.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?