30th October 2011, 01:45 AM
shrivasta

Am I eligible to join Indian Navy being a candidate of Commerce background?

sir i am a commerce background student is am i eligible to join indian navy.
i am very much interested to join navy.

30th October 2011, 01:33 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy being a candidate of Commerce background?

I am very sorry to say that, you are not eligible for this examination [NDA], conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC].
Because, the minimum eligibility for the NDA [national defense academy] for the naval force is, you must have 12th degree with PHYSICS & MATHS, you must have at least 60% in aggregate.

the age limit for this examination is -16.5-19 years,.

there is not the any age relaxation criteria is applicable for the scheduled castes & tribes.

Also you must have Indian nationality & marital status UNMARRIED.

Thank you!!
~gamble~
17th November 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Navy being a candidate of Commerce background?

sir/madam,
i will be appeared for t.y.b.com exams in march 2012. and is interested to join navy,are there any opportunities for me to join the navy plz guide me. I have not taken maths in my HSC....
31st December 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

sir i am vijay kumar.so keenly interested to join indian air force i am a commerce student 12 passed wit combination C.E.B.A(computer science,economics,buissness studies,,accounts)i hav done NCC olso sir
can i join IAF pls provide me the details sir my mob no is 7204074707

not only IAF ,any other defence forces
24th January 2014, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir plz can i join the indian navy being a commerce studen
28th April 2015, 07:32 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Hello Shrivasta,

Its nice to see your keen interest in joining the Indian Navy and serve our nation as a Naval officer but extremely sorry to say that you are not eligible to join the Indian Navy.

The various wings of Indian Defense Services are :

>> Indian Army

>> Indian Navy

>> Indian Air Force

Candidates like you cannot join these above mentioned wings because you fail the required eligibility criteria set by UPSC for the NDA as well as CDS Examinations which provides the gateway to join these wings.

The Educational qualification required for NDA Examination is :

>> You must have passed 12th with PCM as your key subjects from any recognized board.

The Educational Qualification Required for CDS Examination is :

>> You must have secured a Bachelor`s degree in any stream with Mathematics as one of the main subjects from any recognized university.

So, being a student from commerce stream, you cannot join Indian Navy.

This is the information I have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
3rd January 2017, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is studying in 10th. Can she join navy after her BCom degree and interested in NCC. Please suggest what to do.
4th December 2019, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir I a m.com finance student can I apply for INET test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?