14th June 2018, 07:59 PM
Shubham tekade

Is that possible or not that 55% student from OBC category get admission in MCA in National Institute of Technology?

I am having all India ranking 2613 and category wise ranking 846 in NIMCET 2018 but problem is that my graduation degree is of 55% and I am from OBC category student and in 12th having 63% and in 10th having 78%. Is that possible that I can get admission in any of the NIT college for MCA?

15th June 2018, 08:49 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is that possible or not that 55% student from OBC category get admission in MCA in National Institute of Technology?

M.C.A. or Master of Computer Applications is a postgraduate Information Technology course. The duration of this course is two years.

ELIGIBILITY FOR MCA COURSE IN NIT COLLEGE

=> Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.

=> The minimum percentage required in graduation for MCA course is 60% for General/OBC and 55% for SC/CT category candidate.

=> The admission of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission in MCA in National Institute of Technology.
15th June 2018, 02:05 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is that possible or not that 55% student from OBC category get admission in MCA in National Institute of Technology?

First thing I would like to let you know that for pursuing MCA ( Master of Computer Application ) degree course from NITs, you need to appear in NIMCET ( NIT MCA Common Entrance Test ).

Further, for appearing in NIMCET the minimum education required is B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time from a recognized university
with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects or B.E./ B.Tech. from a recognized university with at least 60% marks ( or 6.5 CGPA on 10 point scale ). Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having secured 55% marks in your graduation and belonging to OBC category you are not eligible for pursuing MCA degree course from NITs as the minimum marks required in graduation degree course for OBC category candidate is 60%.

For more details regarding NIMCET and admission procedure followed by NITs , you can refer to the link www.nimcet.in.
15th June 2018, 06:20 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned that you are from OBC category then you will be get relaxation in every sector. It should be in marks, cut-off, age, etc. And after scoring this much marks you are eligible to get admission.
You will definitely get admission in NIT college to pursue MCA.
15th June 2018, 07:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

MCA is three year course. NIMCET is conducted for admission in NITs in MCA course.

The minimum required aggregate in bachelor degree is 60% for general and OBC category, but there is relaxation of 5% i.e minimum 55% required in bachelor degree for SC/ST.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination and to get admission in the course with 55% in bachelor degree.
15th June 2018, 08:00 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

NIMCET examination is conducted for admission in MCA course in NITs.

Candidate must have scored minimum 60% or 6.5 CGPA on 10 point scale in bachelor degree to get admission.

There is relaxation for SC and ST candidate and they require minimum 55% in bachelor degree.

So, you are not eligible to get admission.
15th June 2018, 11:18 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

OBC category candidates require minimum 60% in bachelor degree to get admission in MCA course after qualifying in NIMCET course.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course.

MCA is three year course.
15th June 2018, 11:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

OBC category candidates require minimum 60% in bachelor degree to get admission in MCA course after qualifying in NIMCET course.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course.

MCA is three year course.
16th June 2018, 12:09 AM
mentorseduserv

No you can't take admission in MCA in National Institute of tech. With 63%of marks in 12th Mininun marks to join is above 75%).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?