30th September 2011, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue admission for MCA after doing MCA distance education?

I'm doing bca through distance learning and want to pursue admission for MCA in pune university.Will i be eligible for admissions as my BCA degree is of distance education.Please reply as soon as possible

1st October 2011, 01:57 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue admission for MCA after doing MCA distance education?

Yes you can apply for MCA in pune university.

as For MCA there are two criteria either
Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level

or Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects in Bachelors degree of minimum three years duration

then only you are eligible for MCA!!

Syllabus for Pune MCA Test

The candidate needs to cover three topics .They are English language, mathematics and general aptitude.

Mathematics

Elementary Probability Theory
Permutations and Combinations.
Polynomials
Real and complex numbers
Series and sequences
Integral Calculus
Differential Calculus
Trigonometry
Set theory
Co-ordinate Geometry and Conic Sections
Propositional logic
Linear Algebra
General Aptitude

Numerical Reasoning
Logical reasoning
Data interpretation
English Language

Synonyms
Antonyms
Sentence Correction
Comprehension

1st October 2011, 03:08 AM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: Is it possible to pursue admission for MCA after doing MCA distance education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm doing bca through distance learning and want to pursue admission for MCA in pune university.Will i be eligible for admissions as my BCA degree is of distance education.Please reply as soon as possible
hello,
Yes you can get admission in MCA. You can take admission in MCA either you do your BCA through ptu distance mode or via regular class.

For taking admission in MCA you should qualify your BCA either from ptu distance mode or via regular class with 50% aggregate marks from recognized university. And main important thing is that you should qualify the entrance examination of that university/college from where you want to do your MCA course.

SO best wishes..............

10th March 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue admission for MCA after doing MCA distance education?

is eiilm fully recognised university? can i do my graduation from eiilm university?

13th July 2012, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

will i be eligible to do regular MCA after distance learning MCA?

13th July 2012, 10:43 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
Let me tell you that MCA is a general course and open to almost all graduation genres except for commerce and arts stream. Also mostly bio science people are discarded for MCA course. Also take care that some universities do not take BCA people also for MCA admission. Here distance education or regular one does not matter much. You must have a Mathematics subject, be it in honors genre or pass genre in your graduation for MCA admission. You will also have to give the admission test and score above or equal to the minimum cut-off set by the university you appear for. So just keep this in mind and you are good to go.

19th September 2015, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

I have done MCA through Sikkim Manipal university Distance Education with 59%. Please let me know am if I am eligible for phd. If so from which university i can take up the course..? please suggest.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?