25th December 2018, 12:08 PM
Priya Apparao

Is it possible to study Bachelor of Arts after completion of B.Tech?

I have completed my B.Tech. However, I want to change my line and pursue Bachelor of Arts. So, I wanted know if I can take direct admission in any colleges for pursuing BA after this B.Tech or not? Further, which specialization would be best for me given that I have done B.Tech?

30th December 2018, 03:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study Bachelor of Arts after completion of B.Tech?

1. The minimum academic qualification required for pursuing Bachelor of Arts course is 12th passed in any stream from a recognized board.

2. You have done 12th and hence eligible for Bachelor of Arts from any college. You can select any stream in Bachelor of Arts as per interest.
30th December 2018, 11:46 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study Bachelor of Arts after completion of B.Tech?

There is several eligibility criteria to study BA course. Candidates should have passed class 12 with Arts Stream to do this course. As you have completed BTech, you are a science student. So, you can't do BA course.

There are several good courses which you can do after B.Tech for your better future. I suggest you to do M.Tech course because there are lots of career opportunities after completing M.Tech course.
31st December 2018, 12:21 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed 12th in any stream are eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Arts. The admission procedure varies with colleges and universities.

So, you are eligible to get admission in B.A course after B.Tech course. For more information about admission visit at official website of the respective university.
31st December 2018, 12:32 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> As per my knowledge, yes it is possible to study Bachelor of Arts after completion of B.Tech.

=> You can get admission in BA course on the basis of your 12th class, not on the basis of B.Tech course.

=> I think your decision is totally wronged because there are no benefits of BA course after completing B.Tech course.

=> My suggestion to you is that you should go for the M.Tech course or jobs or Postgraduate Diploma course after completing B.Tech course.
31st December 2018, 02:39 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For admission in B.A course the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

There is no limitation on stream of 12th or intermediate to get admission. There is no age limit to get admission in general B.A course.

So, you are eligible to get admission in the course even after B.Tech course.
31st December 2018, 04:08 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to study Bachelor of Arts course after completion of your B.Tech course. To be eligible to pursue Bachelor of Arts course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a government recognised board. Since, you have already completed B.Tech course, you are eligible to pursue Bachelor of Arts course.
31st December 2018, 04:36 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that to pursue BA (Bachelor of Arts) degree course the minimum education required is a class 12th in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised Institute.

So, even being a student of B.Tech degree course, you are eligible to pursue BA degree course after completion of B.Tech as the minimum education required for pursuing B.Tech course is enough to satisfy the educational requirement for pursuing BA degree course.
3rd January 2019, 09:34 PM
Meg24

Hello ,

Apparently you are eligible to pursue B.A after completion of Btech too because the eligibility criteria just mentions that you should have cleared 12th with more than 50 percent marks.
But I feel after Btech you should not pursue B.A as it is a way of time and money and your productive years.
I suggest you to go for M.A in your preferred field.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?