25th June 2018, 03:56 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study MTech on 2nd PUC Science basis for a candidate who discontinued BTech?

Hello, I just want to know that is it possible for me to do MTech in CSE branch as I have done 2nd PUC with Science stream and now I am 23 years of age. I had some problem so I didn't completed my BTech but I have the ability to pass MTech directly. So, is it possible for me to do MTech?

30th June 2018, 09:59 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to study MTech on 2nd PUC Science basis for a candidate who discontinued BTech?

The eligibility criteria for Master of Technology course:

Bachelor's degree in technology or engineering from a recognized institute. Without pursuing this degree, you can not pursue Master of Technology course.

It is not possible to study Master of Technology course based on senior secondary board examination qualification. You need to pursue B.Tech or M.Sc to become eligible for M.Tech course.
30th June 2018, 05:20 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to study MTech on 2nd PUC Science basis for a candidate who discontinued BTech?

It is impossible for any Master of Technology aspirant to pursue this course without pursuing Bachelor of Technology course. M.Sc candidate can apply for GATE exam for admission in M.Tech.

PUC candidates can not apply for admission in M.Tech directly. You should first complete B.Tech to become eligible for M.Tech course.
30th June 2018, 05:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

M.Tech is Master in Technology and the required eligibility to get admission in the institute is that :-

Candidate must have passed B.Tech from a recognised university.

Candidates having M.Sc qualification are also eligible to get admission.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the M.Tech if you do not have any one of the above qualification.
30th June 2018, 06:15 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You are not eligible to get admission in M.Tech course. It is two year course.

The minimum required qualification is that candidate must have passed B.Tech or have passed M.Sc from a recognised university.

As you do not have any of the required qualification, you are not eligible to appear in examination to get admission in the course.
30th June 2018, 07:13 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Discontinued Bachelor of technology candidates can not pursue Master of Technology course.

Only candidate who have done bachelor's degree in technology with duration four years can apply for M.Tech entrance exam called GATE.

You are not eligible for M.Tech after 2nd PUC.
30th June 2018, 07:36 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym M.Tech stands for Master of Technology.

Minimum academic qualification required: B.Tech from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply.

Incomplete degree candidates can not apply.

Entrance exam for M.Tech is called GATE.

You are not eligible for M.Tech after 2nd PUC.
30th June 2018, 08:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

M.Tech refers to Master of Technology and as the name suggests it is technical master degree course of 2 years.

The minimum education required for pursuing M.Tech degree course is a B.Tech degree in concerned discipline from a recognised engineering college.

So, being a class 12th passed candidate with incomplete B.Tech degree you are not eligible to pursue M.Tech degree course unlesss you complete your B.tech degree course.
30th June 2018, 10:04 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

It is not possible to study Master of Technology course on basis of academic qualification of Pre university certificate.

The qualification required for M.Tech course is bachelor's degree in technology or engineering or master's degree in science. Those who have done Bachelor of technology course can apply for GATE exam for admission in M.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?