19th January 2011, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Preparation required for 3-year course in Direction from FTII? Are short-films required? Kind of questions asked in Interview?

Hi. I intend to apply for the 3-year direction course at FTII this year. I need to know how I should prepare for the entrance exam and the subsequent interview. Is there a specific syllabus available anywhere which I should cover? Should I have made a few short-films before-hand? What kind of questions are asked in the examination?

28th January 2011, 02:13 PM
sambrita

Default Re: Preparation required for 3-year course in Direction from FTII? Are short-films required? Kind of questions asked in Interview?

Hi,

All information for the FTII entrance exam is available in the propectus issued for entrance exam. and official website www,ftiiindia.com

As FTII doesnot disclose previous question papers and syllabus. You can get notification from, www,ftiiindia.com and other leading newspapers like times of india,employment news etc. The notification of 2011 entance exam is not out yet.generally notification is available in the month of may.

Written exam is based on general knowledge and general mental ability of candidates.
Check out the website, it has some materials on genenal knowledge
http://kalakaksha.net/ftii_notes.html
29th January 2011, 01:44 AM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Default Re: Preparation required for 3-year course in Direction from FTII? Are short-films required? Kind of questions asked in Interview?

FTII [Film and Television Institute of India] conducts courses for which admission is through entrance test.
There is no fixed syllabus. Emphasis is on General studies and General awareness and technical side of film making.
This is followed by an interview.
Previous 'hands on' experience in making films is not a prerequisite.
12th May 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

when will the Application forms for admission to 3 years direction course in film and television institute,pune be made available?what is the last date of submiting the form?
22nd February 2012, 12:45 AM
aspire007

All information for the FTII entrance exam is available in the propectus issued for entrance exam. and official website www,ftiiindia.com

As FTII doesnot disclose previous question papers and syllabus. You can get notification from, www,ftiiindia.com and other leading newspapers like times of india,employment news etc. The notification of 2011 entance exam is not out yet.generally notification is available in the month of may.

Written exam is based on general knowledge and general mental ability of candidates.
Check out the website, it has some materials on genenal knowledge
http://kalakaksha.net/ftii_notes.html
27th March 2015, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

it is necessary to get only bachelor degree in physics for cracking ftii entrance exam for direction?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?