30th December 2011, 10:26 PM
Pradeepsagar007

Procedure to apply for IAS and iPS exam? Where to get the application form? How many exams are there?

Hi this is pradeep, I want to apply IAS and IPS but i don't know the procedure.Will u help me how can i go for.Where can i get application form.
How many exams are there? what is the marks to pass?

31st December 2011, 08:17 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for IAS and iPS exam? Where to get the application form? How many exams are there?

Whatever you mentioned (IAS, IPS) both are civil services. In order to be placed in any of the civil services, one has to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

Have a look at the selection procedure to be placed in civil services
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview.

First check yourself of whehter you meet the required eligibility criteria for CSAT Exam or not.

In order to be eligible for this exam, one should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation course are also eligible to apply for this Exam.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this Exam.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

For this academic year, UPSC has completed CSAT Exam. So, you can appear for upcoming CSAT Exam which is going to be conducted on 20-05-2012.

The last date to apply for this exam is on 05-03-2012.

You can get the appliation forms for this Exam along with the Information Broucher and acknowledgement card from the designated post offices all over India.

For complete information on this Exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
31st December 2011, 09:24 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for IAS and iPS exam? Where to get the application form? How many exams are there?

Hi dear........
IPS & IAS exam are conducted through UPSC every year this exam is known as civil service exam ......
I am providing you the details of Civil Service Exam..........

There are many exam which is conducted through UPSC below are the details from where you can see details of this exam...........

For more details you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck........
31st December 2011, 04:22 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IAS and IPS exams are civil service exams.. These exams are conducted by UPSC every year for administrative jobs.

Eligibility for IAS and IPS exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

4.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to appear in IAS and IPS exam.
So, first complete your graduation course.

These civil service exams are consists of two exams :-
1.Preliminary exam
2.main exam
3.interview
You can get the application form of these exams from their official website..
www.upsc.gov.in

You just visit at their official website to get further information.

All the best..
31st December 2011, 05:31 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

To become an IAS or IPS officer you must appear in an exam conducted
Union Public Service Commission commonly called as UPSC. To appear in this exam your age must be above 21years and below 30years. You must have finished your graduation of any discipline from a recognized university.

You will have to clear three rounds to become an IAS or IPS officer. They are

1. Preliminary Examination
2. Main Examination
3. A Personal Interview

You can get the application form for appearing in UPSC Preliminary Examination (first step to become an IAS or IPS officer) from the UPSC website. i.e.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st January 2012, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

good day sir,

im computer engg student and wanted to give Engineering service Examination services ,so kindly help me by providing its date and procedure for this examination............
2nd January 2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi this is saleem, I want to apply IAS and IPS but i don't know the procedure.Will u help me how can i go for.Where can i get application form.
How many exams are there? what is the marks to pass?

please send details to my ID [email protected]
10th January 2012, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Deer sir
i am a b.com student
may i apply to IAS & IPS EXAM PLEASE HELP ME
21st January 2012, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
i am bca student.i want to apply for ias and ips exam but i had backlogs during completing graduation and i have got 55% mark in graduation. kindly tell me am i eligible for upsc exam,ias,ips.......
23rd January 2012, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i m b.com final year student and i need a help to get all books writers which will give me a complete knowlege about ias exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?