I want to join CBI how can i do so...can you please tell me the procedure

thanks

4th April 2011, 06:06 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure to join CBI?

CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation)

Eligibility Criteria:-
To join CBI you need to appear for CGPE exam i.e. Combined Graduate preliminary Exam which is conducted by SSC board every year.

QUALIFICATION: The minimum Qualification needed to sit in this exam is to be Graduate enough in any Discipline.

AGE: You should be in between 20 to 27 years of Age. & special Relaxation is given to SC/ST which is 5 years and For OBC 3 years.

Visit the recruitment section on central bureau of investigation website www.cbi.gov.in for current job vacancies.
4th April 2011, 07:10 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Crime Branch CID (Criminal Investigation Department) is a specialized wing in many state police forces in India of their Criminal Investigation Department (CID).

Other branches of the CID are
  • State Crime Investigation Bureau
  • Finger Print Bureau
  • and Scientific Section.

To join in CID you need to write the EXAM conducted by UPSC...!!
and minimum qualification for that is to be Graduate..

for that you need to have good physical strength also like any armed force..
4th April 2011, 07:41 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility

Educational Qualification :-

You must be Graduation courses in Criminology For making Yourself Eligible For CBI.

For Graduation in Criminology in Different University in India you must be 12th passed.

Syllabus: The syllabus for a course in Criminology usually includes - Principles of Criminology, Psychology of Crime, Criminal Law, Police Administration, Forensic Science and Medicine, Juvenile Delinquency, Correctional Management and Rehabilitation of Criminals etc.

Vacancy status :-
http://cbi.nic.in/recruitments/vacancy.php

Exam to be Written:-
You need to write UPSC Exam in order to Join CBI.
10th April 2011, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

my name is maajid khan i completed my 12 from maharastra board and did my hotel management cource my age is 23 yrs and i am intersted to join cid so what steps should i do to proceed
17th July 2011, 11:50 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria for SSC Combined Graduate Preliminary Examination

The minimum educational qualification required for applying to the SSC Combined Graduate Preliminary Examination is a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent of any recognized Indian University. The age limit of candidates applying for the various posts are listed below:

For Assistant Grade & Sub Inspectors in CBI, candidates must be aged between 20 and 27 years.
For Inspectors of CE / IT & Divisional Accountants/Auditors/ UDCs etc., candidates must be aged between 18 and 27 years.
For Sub Inspectors in Central Police Forces, candidates must be aged between 20 and 25 years.
Upper age limit is relaxable for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes etc. as per the norms stipulated by the Government of India.
SSC Combined Graduate Preliminary Examination Pattern

The SSC Combined Graduate Preliminary Examination is divided into two stages, each carrying maximum marks of 100 and having duration of 2 hours. The First Section tests the General Intelligence & General Awareness of the candidates while the Second Section is on Arithmetic.

Each section contains a total of 100 questions of objective type, multiple-choice pattern. Questions of the examination are set in both Hindi and English.

Contact Address for the SSC Combined Graduate Preliminary Examination:

For any information regarding the SSC Combined Graduate Preliminary Examination, please contact:

Secretary
Staff Selection Commission
Block - 12, CGO Complex
Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110 003, India.

For further details please visit

www.ssc.nic.in
31st January 2012, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

hii my name is ankit jat from indore.i passed my 12th exam with 68% in p.c.m stream.and b.com running now. i wish to be an officer in c.b.i ,c.i.d , narcotics department..so please tell me what should i do for this post.and whats the procedure to be an officer in this department of india.
thanx .
rply....
31st January 2012, 07:19 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Central bureau investigation

for joining CBI student must sit and score well in Combined Graduate Level Exam which is conducted by staff selection commission for recruitment of assistant, Sub-Inspector in CBI,and for income tax officer etc.

minimum eligiblility for the exam
Bachelors degree form recognized university any stream(arts,commerce,science)

AGE LIMIT
18 years - 27 years.

for more info visit
Visit:- www.cbi.nic.in/
3rd February 2012, 06:19 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

you can join CBI but for this you need to take CGPE exam.

CGPE stands for Combined Graduate Prelim Exam.

For this you need to fulfill the following conditions:
1 You must be having graduate degree in any discipline .

2 you must have 20 to 27 years of age.

3 You must be an Indian Citizen

The selection process includes:

1 Written Test
2 Final Interview:
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?