1st June 2018, 01:44 AM
Rahulkumarjaini

Can I become a Lecturer through MSc(Mathematics) course?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am interested to study MSc in Mathematics. I am in my final year of BSc with same stream. I would like to know that after completing my MSc with this subject, I will become a Lecturer?

2nd June 2018, 05:38 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Lecturer through MSc(Mathematics) course?

Educational qualification to be eligible to be a lecturer one should hold at least a master degree in any of the relevant subject with at least 55% marks in it. Interested candidate has to appear in UGC NET exam which is held twice a year and pass it. This is the only hurdle to be cleared to be eligible to get a job as a lecturer in a college. After clearing UGC NET exam one is eligible for applying as a lecturer in any college affiliated with any of the university recognised by UGC in Indial.
2nd June 2018, 07:13 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

You will need to clear the UGC NET exam for lectureship. The eligibility test for lecturers, National Eligibility Test is conducted by UGC, CSIR or similar tests accredited by the UGC. State level test SLET is for appointments within the state. You have to be of less than 28 years and should have scored marks not less than 55% in your PG. The national educational testing Bureau of University Grants Commission conducts National Eligibility Test to determine eligibility for lecturer ship and for award of Junior research fellowship for Indian nationals.
2nd June 2018, 08:57 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> M.Sc. Mathematics or Master of Science in Mathematics is a postgraduate Mathematics course. The duration of this course is two years.

=> For this course candidate should have passed bachelor of Science in Mathematics from a recognized university. As per my knowledge, yes you can become a Lecturer through M.Sc(Mathematics) course.

SOME OTHER BEST JOBS FOR YOU

1. Interest Rate Trading Strategist

2. Teacher or Professor

3. Quantitative Risk Analyst

4. Mathematical Analyst

5. Equity Quantitative Analyst

6. Director - Statistical Programming

7. Director - Statistical Programming

8. Quantitative Developer
2nd June 2018, 09:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become a lecturer candidates have to appear and qualify for NET or SET examination.

NET examination is conducted by CBSE under the guidance of UGC. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55%.

So you have to pursue master degree and qualify in NET examination for recruitment.
2nd June 2018, 10:07 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes after completing post Graduation you are eligible to apply for Lecturer. But first of all you have to clear UGC NET, JRF entrance exam to confirm your seat as a lecturer. It is compulsory to crack entrance exam to become a Lecturer.
Candidate age should not less than 21 years.
No upper age limit required or declared yet.
2nd June 2018, 10:51 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NET ( National Eligibility Test ) is conducted by CBSE. Candidates after qualifying in examination will become eligible for recruitment as lecturer in government and private colleges.

The required minimum qualification to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 55% in master degree.

So, you can appear for examination after completion of master degree.

For detail information about examination visit at www.cbsenet.nic.in.
4th June 2018, 11:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as lecturer you have to appear and qualify for National Eligibility Test. It is conducted by CBSE as per UGC norms.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate. There is relaxation for reserved category.

No age limit to appear for examination. So, you can appear for examination after master degree in Mathematics.
5th June 2018, 04:46 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Once you will complete master degree in Mathematics with minimum 55% then you will become eligible for NET or SET examination.

So, you must do preparation for examination also along with master degree course if you want to qualify in entrance examination to become lecturer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?