14th January 2013, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for a job in Indian Air Force if I am a student of ITM 2nd year?

Sir,i m a stuent n ITM 2nd yr..can i eligible for a job in indian air force.?????

24th February 2014, 02:00 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for a job in Indian Air Force if I am a student of ITM 2nd year?

For getting in the IAF wing, you need to write the Combined Defence Service Exam which is conducted by UPSC for recruitment to office cadre of the Army, Navy and Air force. Qualified candidates are interviewed by the Service Selection Board and after selection, they are sent to these institutes for training:

(a) Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun
(b) Naval Academy, Goa
(c) Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad
(d) Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai
For attending IMA /OTA one needs a degree from a recognized University or equivalent while for the Naval Academy, B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering is mandatory. Incase of Air Force Academy, B.Sc. from a recognized University or equivalent with Physics and/or Mathematics as subjects or Bachelor of Engineering is needed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?