1st April 2015, 12:46 PM
SUMEET BUDEK

Procedure of selection in NDA for 11th student?

Hello Sir,
I want to know the criteria for selection
in NDA. I am in 11th and going to
appear in NDA entrance exam
Please tell me the mode of selection.

4th April 2015, 08:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure of selection in NDA for 11th student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMEET BUDEK View Post
Hello Sir,
I want to know the criteria for selection
in NDA. I am in 11th and going to
appear in NDA entrance exam
Please tell me the mode of selection.
NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

5th April 2015, 07:26 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Union Public Service Commission organises National Defense Entrance Exam twice every year for selection of candidates for different wings of defense.

Sorry, candidates studying 10+1 are not eligible to appear for the National Defense Entrance Exams because the eligibility criteria for this exam is:

>>Only 10+2 passed or appearing candidates from a recognized board can apply for the exam.

>>The age limit for candidates: 16.5 to 19.5 years. No age relaxation applicable to candidates of any category.

>>Marital Status: Unmarried males only.

>>Physical fitness is necessary.

As you are in 10+1, let me aware you about the examination pattern of NDA entrance exam.

It has two stages:

1. Written test:

The first paper is of Mathematics. Questions are generally from 10th, 11th and 12th level. So try to practice questions of mathematics of these standards as much as you can because accuracy is needed in this exam.

Second paper is General Ability test which contains questions from General Awareness, English and Science.

Read newspapers, listen news and read science NCERT books from class 6th to 10th. Work on comprehension, English Grammar and vocabulary.

If you clear this stage, you will be called for the Service Selection Board.

Practice Previous years of NDA/NA entrance exams which is available at www.upsc.gov.in. It is also the official website of UPSC where you can get other information regarding NDA exam.

5th April 2015, 06:51 PM
kunalroy89

NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year for the 3 wings of defence-Army,Navy and Airforce.
The eligibility for the exam is 12th Class pass or appearing for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF & Navy.
Age limit is 16.5-19years at the time of applying.
The questions are asked in 2 subjects-Mathematics and General Ability Test.
You can get previous year papers and previous year notifications at the website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in
The previous year notifications will help you in knowing all the details needed for physical standards.
Also at the website you will get the dates of notification for upcoming NDA exam.

5th April 2015, 09:20 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for the National Defense Academy entrance exam as the eligibility criteria for this exam is :

Candidates must have completed 10+2 or appearing for it from a recognized board.

Age limit should be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only those candidates who are unmarried males can apply for the exam.

So, you can apply for the exam next year.

Official website of UPSC which conducts this exam: www.upsc.gov.in

5th April 2015, 10:00 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hi,

You can appear for NDA after completing 12th examination.

Eligibility Criteria For NDA:

* Candidate have to finish 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics subject.

* Candidate have to score at least 50% in PCM subject in 12th examination.

* Candidate must have age of 16.5 to 19 years as on 31st December of the year of examination.

* Only Unmarried male candidate can apply for NDA in Indian Army post.

* Indian Citizen can apply for NDA.

There are three section in NDA:

1. Indian Air force.

2. Indian Navy.

3. Indian Army.

Selection process in NDA is:

--> Written Test.

--> SSB.

--> Medical Test.

NDA is conducted by UPSC twice in an year. NDA I is conducted in the month of March and NDA II is conducted in the moth of September.

6th April 2015, 12:59 AM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for selection in NDA are given as follow-
1. Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.
2. At least intermediate cleared with any stream.
3. Male candidate
4. Unmarried candidate.

First of all you focus o its written exam. It is not very difficult and with little practice you would clear it. But then the 5 day SSB interview will drain your soul out of your body. So, start working on your health also and try to maintain a good physique.

6th April 2015, 05:49 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The procedure of selection in NDA i.e., National Defense Academy are following:-
-The candidate has to clear the exam conducted by UPSC.
-The candidate should be a citizen of India.Only male candidate can apply for the exam.
-The candidate should have 10+2 degree from a recognized board for Indian Army and 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics for Indian Navy and Air Force.
-The candidate age should be in between 16.5 yrs to 19 yrs.There is no age relaxation for reserved category.
The NDA exam comprises of written examination and personality interview by Services Selection Board.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?