16th January 2012, 07:55 PM
vaibhav kawadkar

Procedure for admission in IMA? I am a 11th class student

Sir,
I am 11th class student (in 12th after march).I want to join IMA. I request you to tell me procedure for admission in IMA.

Your Sincerly,
Vaibhav

16th January 2012, 11:47 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Procedure for admission in IMA? I am a 11th class student

Hi

IMA is the Indian Military Academy. Its basically trains the Indian Defense candidates who get selected through the NDA exam.

Firstly NDA stands for the National Defense Academy. Its an undergraduate exam which is organized and conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year to select candidates for the selection of Class 1 Officers in the posts of Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

-> You should be an Unmarried Male Indian Citizen.

-> Your age should be between 16.5 to 19 years as in the year of applying.

-> You should be a minimum 12th pass from a recognized school or state board in India. No minimum percentage is required.

-> You should have studied Maths and Physics as Compulsory subjects if you wish to apply for the Indian Air Force and Navy.

-> You should be physically fit and sound.

Thus fulfilling these would make you eligible to apply for the NDA.

You can apply for NDA by Clicking Here. Or you may also visit the UPSC website by Clicking Here.

--> The notification was released on 31st December 2011 and the deadline to apply for the same is on 30th January 2012.
So Please do the needful before this date.

--> The examination Date is on 15th April 2012 (Sunday).

Once you sit and clear this exam, you would be called for a Physical Test and Personal Interview + GD.

You must be physically fit, so you would pass it and then have to show your extra skills in the GD and Interview.

Once you are through, then you would be sent to IMA Dehradun from where you would receive an years training.
After which you would be an Officer of the Indian Army/Navy or Air Force.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc nda-na-I 2012.pdf(97.3 KB, 122 views)
File Type: doc Structure for the NDA Examination.doc(30.0 KB, 78 views)
17th January 2012, 09:45 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure for admission in IMA? I am a 11th class student

IMA- INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY is a training Institute under Defense Dept. which trained candidate selected through NDA exam.

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENSE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force as officer.

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male physically fit, within the age group of 16.5 to 19 years of age having either appeared for 12th final exam or passed are eligible to apply for NDA.

You can apply NDA through official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in, the notification for NDA-I has already been declared and the application process is going on now till 30.01.2012 followed by exam on 15.04.2012.

After successfully cleared the exam you will be gone through the medical and physical test for final selection.

For more information you may log on to the official web site of UPSC.
17th January 2012, 10:56 AM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

IMA can be expanded as INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY in which you join as an Indian Army and save our country.

To enter into this Academy the best and first way you can choose is to appear and clear an exam named as NDA(National Defense Academy) conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC).

To appear in that exam you must have finished your 12th std. And your age must be above 16.5 and below 19yrs on the august month of the year of examination. You should be an unmarried male candidate. On clearing this exam you can also enter into any of the defense services like air force or navy. But you need to take science as your stream for that. For joining in IMA you can choose any stream and that won't be a problem.

To clear NDA exam and join in Army you must be physically fit. You must clear 3 rounds of entries.

1. Written Exam
2. Physical Test
3. Personal Interview
17th January 2012, 04:10 PM
rajesh9503
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav kawadkar View Post
Sir,
I am 11th class student (in 12th after march).I want to join IMA. I request you to tell me procedure for admission in IMA.

Your Sincerly,
Vaibhav
My,freind i am happy to knowning your intrest in arm forces so for that i recommanded you as my best level.first you have to complete 12th then do engineering in core branch and after all you are technical fit for IMA means
Indian military acadamy,for that you prepeared for combine defence exam which held by UPSC.now you get a chance of NAVY,AIR FORCE,IMA and OTA by clearing ssb interview.all the best for your future
18th February 2012, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Im in 11th class with commerce without maths stream how can i apply in IMA???
Pls Help
3rd June 2012, 08:18 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

hi friend,

There are two ways of getting into IMA:

1. TES: In this technical entry scheme you may fill the form , stated about PCM percentage by envelope colour. This will be shortlisted and shortlisted candidates will be called for SSB. After passing SSB of five days, one can be enrolled as a cadet in army.

2. NDA: Fill the form of NDA. PCM and GK test will be conducted and according to the performances in them, you will be called for SSB.

good luck
3rd June 2012, 08:27 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

after your class 12 you may join in indian army or in indian military in two scheme. you will be only eligible for these two schemes. these are-

Tech Entry Scheme(TES)

Month of Commencement of Course each year - January and July

Age at the time of joining - 16 and 1/2 to 19 and 1/2 years

Educational Qualification - 10+2 Pass with 70% aggregate in PCM.

How to Apply - Apply directly to the Recruitment Directorate in response to advertisement in May and November

National Defence Academy(NDA):-

Month of Commencement of Course each year - January and July

Age at the time of joining - 16 and 1/2 to 19 years

Educational Qualification - Class 12 of the 10+2 system of education or equivalent

Mode of selection - NDA exam by UPSC and SSB interview

How to Apply - Apply in response to advertisement in March/April & Oct./Nov.

to know more about all other details and the application form visit their official recruitment website
www.joinindianarmy.nic.in

best wishes.
24th September 2012, 02:48 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

IMA stands for INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY,.. It is situated in Dehradun. After 12th, you can appear for the examination called NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY), through which one can apply for the Indian air force(IAF), Indian naval academy(NA), & Indian military academy(IMA)..
This exam is conducted by the Union public service commission every year for twice.

Educational requirement-

12th degree from a recognized board, Inder to apply in IAF & NA , you must posses at least 60% in 12th, with the subject physics & maths ,. otherwise you are only eligible for the IMA .That's why commerce & arts students are also eligible for IMA.

Age limit-

16.5-19 years for all candidates..

Exam pattern-

Physical requirements--

know more about all other details and the application form visit their official recruitment website-

http://entrance-exam.net/forum/www.j...ianarmy.nic.in

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
14th December 2012, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Whats the procedure to get in to B tech course conducted by indian military
6th February 2013, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Im in 11th class with commerce without maths stream how can i apply in IMA???
Pls Help
19th September 2013, 12:29 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Abbreviation "IMA" stands for Indian Military Academy. You cannot join the Indian Military Academy after passing the 12th standard.

However after passing the 12th , you have chance to join only the below mentioned wings :

* Indian Army

* Indian Navy

* Indian Air Force

Also in order to join the above mentioned wings you need to crack the NDA Exam.

Since , you want to join the IMA , you have to appear for the Combined Defense Services Exam and have to crack the same.

The Combined Defense Services Exam is conducted twice every year by the union Public Service Commission.

The CDS Exam is conducted under the names of CDS-I and CDS-II in the months of February and September.

But in order to appear for the CDS Exam , you need to fulfill the requisites for the CDS Exam which are :

** The candidate must have completed Graduation in any discipline from any recognized college/university.

** The candidate does not require any specific percentage of marks in graduation.

** Candidates pursuing graduation in final year can also apply but only for CDS-I Exam.

** The Age Limit :

a) For IMA : 19-22 years

b) For NA : 19-23 years

c) For AFA : 19-24 years

d) For OTA : 19-25 years

** No further relaxation in age is given to any candidate by the Union Public Service Commission.

** Nationality :

>> The Candidate must be an Indian. OR,

>> A Subject of Nepal. OR,

>> A Subject of Bhutan.

** The candidate must have good mental and physical status.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
24th November 2014, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
Sir i m Suraj Kumar I m in 12th Class With arts
without economics How can join to Indian
Military Acedemy I m compelet for this NCC
(C) Certificate and my grade (A) I Requested
you Sir please tell me... Jai Hind

your Sincerly
Suraj Kumar
27th February 2015, 09:50 PM
Manjunath.J.

Sir,
Iam 11th class student(by march 12th) ,I want to join NDA is there any possibilities for girls.

yours faithfully,
Bhavana.M.
2nd July 2015, 12:47 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Sorry you cant apply for IMA(Indian Military Academy). for IMA you have to apply for NDA exam. for NDA you must have appearing in 12th or you have completed it. as you are in 11th now so you cant apply
for NDA your age should be within 16.5 years to 19 years.
you can try next year. till then prepare hard
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?