27th February 2012, 01:03 PM
sangeetharaj84

Procedure to study in Abroad? I am a B.Com student

Hi i am bcom student and much interested to study further in abroad but we are financially week, can u help me regarding this and the procedure about studying in abroad.

21st June 2012, 09:45 PM
sharmila mani

Default Re: Procedure to study in Abroad? I am a B.Com student

Hi,

SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR INDIANS FOR STUDIES ABROAD for poor people

[1] K C Mahindra Scholarship Trust c/o Resident General Manager, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., Jeewan Deep Building8 Parliament Street New Delhi - 110001 Scholarships for school students as well as for higher studies overseas

[2] Singapore International Airlines - Youth Scholarships Robinson Road P O Box 746 Singapore - 901446 Scholarships for completing plus 2 education in Singapore

[3] Ministry of Human Resource Development (Deptt. of Education) External Scholarships Division ES-3 Section A.1/W.3 Curzon Road BarracksKasturba Gandhi Marg New Delhi - 110001 This department co-ordinates a large number of international scholarships in specialized and in general areas that are offered to Indians by governments of other countries and by the Commonwealth

[4] I T C Scholarships Public Relations Dept. I T C Ltd.I T C Centre, 37 Chowringhee Calcutta - 700071 Scholarships for higher studies abroad

[5] The Registrar Nanyang Technological University Nanyang Avenue Singapore - 2663 Partial scholarships for higher studies in engineering / computers

[6] Secretary Sahu Jain Trust 4th Floor, Times House7, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg New Delhi - 110002 Loan scholarships for higher studies in India and Overseas

[7] Director J N Tata Endowment Bombay House24, Homi Mody Street Mumbai - 400001 Loan scholarships for higher studies abroad

[8] Nehru Trust for Cambridge University Teen Murti House New Delhi - 110001 Scholarships for higher studies at Cambridge University

[9] Mariwala Trust Kanmoor House 281/87 Narsi Natha Street Mumbai - 400009 Loan scholarships for higher studies overseas

[10] Inlaks Foundation PO Box 2108 Delhi - 110007 Full scholarships for higher studies overseas

[11] Rhodes Scholarship Selection Committee for India St. Stephen's College Delhi - 110007 Higher studies at Oxford

[12] Chief Executive R D Sethna Scholarship Fund 29, H Somani Marg, Fort Mumbai - 400001 Loan Scholarships for higher studies
Government Scholarships

Loans are also available for higher education

REQUIREMENTS OF HIGHER EDUCATION LOAN

[Back]
Now almost all the banks in India give higher education loan to deserving students who are planning to study Abroad. The Banks have made the application procedure so simple that every student can take advantage and apply for Foreign Education. The main emphasis is that every meritorious student is given an opportunity to pursue higher education for want of financial support.

When the student applies for the loan he becomes the borrower and parents or guardian becomes the co borrower. The Education Loan amount is assessed on the basis of the borrowers papers.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The first and foremost requirement of Banks before processing Higher Education Loan for students with Indian National and Student must have secured admission in University Abroad.

EXPENSES CONSIDERED FOR LOAN
Tuition Fees : The fees payable to University; it also includes the laboratory cost, examination cost.

Living Expenses : This includes Accommodation, Travel, Food, Clothes, Sight Seeing, Books, Utility Bills, etc

The student can also take a loan to pay one of these or both.

FINANCE
The maximum limit for Higher Education Loan is Rs. 20 Lakh.

SECURITY
Upto Rs 4 lacs Co-obligation of parents.
No security
Above Rs. 4 lacs and upto Rs 7.5 lakhs Co-obligation of parents together with collateral security in the form of suitable third party guarantee.
Above Rs. 7.5 lakhs Co-obligation of parents together with tangible collateral security of suitable value, along with the assignment of future income of the student for payment of instalments

FINANCE
Holiday period or Moratorium period : Course Period + 1year or 6 months after getting the job, whichever is earlier.

Thus the student starts paying the amount only after this period till then he only needs to pay the interest on the amount he withdraws from the Actual Loan amount.

[1] Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India 'C' Wing Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi-110001.

[A] Post-Doctoral Research / specialized training, Post-graduate studies leading to Master's Degree or Ph.D. in (a) Naval Architecture / Offshore Structures , (b) Automobiles & Robotics, (c) Reliability Engineering , (d) Laser Technology, (e) Paper Technology.
E.Q. : (a) 1st Class Degree in Naval Architecture / Civil / Engg.
(b) 1st Class B.E. / B.Tech. in Mech. / Elect. / Elec./ Comp. Engg. and related elective subject.
(c) 1st class B.E./ B.Tech. in any branch of Engg. & related elective subject.
(d) 1st Class M.Sc / in Phy. / B.E. or B.Tech. in Mech./ Elect./Elec with related elective subject.
(e) 1st class bachelor's degree or 1st Class Post B.Sc Diploma in Pulp and Paper Tech and 2 yrs. experience for all Courses.

[B] Bachelor's Degree in Printing Technology.
E.Q. : 1st Class Diploma / Licentiate in Printing technology with 2 yrs. experience Age Limit :
i ) For Post-Doctoral - 35 yrs.
ii ) Doctoral Study - 30 yrs.
iii) Master Degree - 28 yrs. iv) For Bachelor's Degree - 25 yrs.

[2] Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, Ministry of Welfare-Dr. Ambedkar foundation, 25, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110 001. GOI.

Dr. Ambedkar Overseas Fellowships for Postgraduate Study (1992-93) leading to Masters Degree, Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral research in the following discipline-
(i)Law and Constitutional Studies.
(ii) Economics.
(iii) Sociology.
(iv) International Relation.
Duration: 2 yrs. for Masters : Age below 25 yrs.
3 yrs. for Ph.D. : Age below 30 yrs.
1 yr. for Post Doctoral Research : Age Below 35 yrs.
E.Q. For Master - 1st Class Bachelors Degree For Doctoral (Ph.D.) - 1st Class of Masters Degree For Post Doctoral Research - Doctoral Degree & engaged in research.
Fellowship US$ 8400 for maintenance allowances $ 1200 per annum , + Fees + Air fare (to & fro.). Foundation gives assistance in institutions abroad but does not guaranteed. Selected candidate has to make efforts admission in the institutions of his choice.

[3] University Grants Commission, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg New Delhi-110 002.

French Government Scholarship for Higher Studies in France Language, Literature and Civilization for following programmes.
(a) Ph.D. in French University - (1yr + extendable by 1 year)
(b) Course in Methodology of French as Foreign language - (1+extendable by 4 months).
(c) To submit Thesis in French University (6 months to one year ).
(d) Course in translation or interpretation (1 to 3 yrs).
(e) To collect documentation not available in India for Ph.D. (3 Months).
E.Q. : M.A. in French language and Literature. - Details - Centre for Development of French studies, Cultural Counselor's office,2, Aurangzeb road,New Delhi. - UGC sponsored scholarship for M.A. (French) candidates to study French Language Literature Civilizations in France. - Contact : Indian Centre for Development of French studies, Cultural Counselor 2, Aurangzeb Road, New Delhi.

[4] Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016.

(a) This Department provides travel assistance to scientists for participating in International Conferences, Seminars, Symposia, Workshops-training programmes etc. (i.e. 100 % air fare).

(b) Biotechnology Overseas Associate ships Scheme: - For advanced research in priority areas of Biotechnology-viz. (i) Basic Molecular Biology; (ii) Microbial Genetics; (iii) RDNA Technology; (iv) Immunology and Immunodignostics; (v) Molecular Virgology; (vi) Animal Tissue Culture, Hybridomas and cell-culture based vaccines; (vii) Plant tissue-culture and viruses; (viii) Aquaculture; (ix) Embryo Transfer Technology: (x) Transgenic animals; (xi) Peptide and Nucleic Acid Chemistry; (xii) Modern techniques in Industrial Microbiology and Energy Conversion; (xiii) Biochemical engineering process optimization and computer modeling; (xiv) Bioinformatics; (xv) Emerging areas.
E.Q: Ph.D. /M.D. related areas of Biotechnology. Duration : Long Term for1 year, (extendable by 1 year) / Short term for 3 months (non-extendable).

all the best
6th November 2014, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

I completed my degree(bcom).I want to study in abroad. some of the universities asking the work experience. what is the work experience ?
26th July 2015, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Hello..I'm just completed my graduation in b.com with 75% first distinction and also computer science ,I want to go Canada in calagary so please suggest me that how many costs of study and I can do job there???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?