11th January 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Qualification required to become a fighter pilot in IAF? I am studying in 12th standard

Hi
i am studying 10+2 i want to become a fighter pilot in iaf could you tell me the qualification required and joining procedure

13th January 2012, 06:35 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required to become a fighter pilot in IAF? I am studying in 12th standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
i am studying 10+2 i want to become a fighter pilot in iaf could you tell me the qualification required and joining procedure
In order to become a pilot in the Indian Air Force, you will have to, first of all, qualify NDA exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission. After qualifying the exam, you will have to appear for Pilot Aptitude Test conducted by the Air Force Selection Board. If you qualify the written exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission and Pilot Aptitude Test conducted by the Air Force Selection Board, you will be able to join the National Defense Academy and will undergo necessary training for around three years, after completion of which you will be able to join Indian Air Force.
The minimum eligible age to apply for the NDA exam is 16 years 6 months and the maximum age limit is 19 years.
Apart from this, you must have Physics, Chemistry and Maths in your +2 otherwise you won't be considered eligible to apply for Indian Air Force.
11th February 2012, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Qualification required to become a fighter pilot in IAF? I am studying in 12th standard

i am student of aircraft maintenance engineer(AME) can i join IAF after completion of AME.
3rd March 2012, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

i want some model questions from pilot apptitude battery test
24th April 2012, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

i m a girl studying in 11 nonmed. i just want to know that can i apply for fighter pilot after completing my 12th...
28th April 2012, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

how to become pilot in indian air force after 10 2 completion
28th April 2012, 04:12 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

If you want to become a pilot then you have to qualify NDA exam.
This exam was conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

The applicants should be complete +2 from any recognised university.

Age limits is 16 1/2 years to 19years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Candidate must be physically fit.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Selection procedure:
Written test,
Interview,
Medical test.

For more details visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
28th April 2012, 05:59 PM
nkrjn17

Hiii

After you have completed your 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics, you can appear for the NDA exam conducted by the UPSC. For science and engineering graduates, the exam conducted is CDSE (Combined Defence Services Examination). Successful candidates are called for the SSB (Services Selection Board) test. The SSB test for the flying branch has two screening tests called INSB (Instrument Battery Test) and PABT (Pilot Aptitude Battery Test).

The INSB is a test which is administered after an IAF officer gives you a one-hour lesson on how to read various instruments on the plane. It gauges how fast one can record the readings with accuracy.

The PABT is a test to check psycho-motor skills. The important thing about these two tests is that it is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Candidates who fail these tests cannot ever become pilots in the IAF. For those who get through, the rest of the SSB test is aimed at finding out if a candidate has the requisite officer-like qualities by means of group tests, psychological tests and interviews. If the candidate is recommended, he proceeds for the medical examination, which again is quite thorough and strict. On clearing the medicals, an all-India merit list is prepared and the candidates receive call letters on the basis of the availability of seats.

The NDA candidates undergo a three-year course and are awarded a B.Sc degree before being inducted as a pilot trainee in the Air Force Academy. The CDSE candidates directly join the AFA for pilot training. At the academy, the cadets undergo pre-flying training followed by basic stage and advanced stage training. After that, they specialize in fighter, helicopter or transport, depending upon their aptitude. Only the top of the class get to choose fighter specialization. From there on, the process of their induction into operational squadrons begins.
29th April 2012, 02:14 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

HI....

The minimum qualification required for this exam is +2.If you want to join as a PILOT in INDIAN AIR FORCE you need to apply for the NDA exam conducted by the UPSC twice a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NDA EXAM:

>>Complete +2 from a recognized university
>>Age limit for this exam is 16.5 years to 19 years.
>>Candidate should be a citizen of india
>>Unmarried male candidates are eligible
>>Candidate should physically fit.
Application procedure is through online only.

SELECTION PROCESS:
>>Written test
>>Interview
>>Medical test

If you want any information visit www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST....
29th April 2012, 04:03 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,
if you want to become a pilot then you can qualify for the NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service. NDA exam will conducted by the upsc twice in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

the applicant should be citizen of india.

The qualification required for candidate is complete the 12th standard with any stream from a recognized state board of india.

The minimum age of candidate is 16.5 years and the maximum age is the 19 years.

The candidate should be physically and medically fit for this exam.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

Selection procedure:

written test

interview

medical test

syllabus:

general Ability

mathematics

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
13th June 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

my DOB is 10-6-1994 and in NDA form it has not accepted even now form filling date also over what should i do ?
13th June 2012, 05:49 PM
kinnarnara

dear,
in order to join IAF as pilot,
you need to fill following mentioned forms
if having mentioned educational qualifications:
after 12th:
through NDA:
12th passed out or appearing,
having maths and phy.
age limit is 16.5-19yrs.
after graduation
through CDS:
graduate in any discipline
having maths and phy. at +2 level.
age limit is 19-23yrs.
NCC special entry :
graduate in any discipline,
ncc 'c' certificate in senior division, air wing.
age limit is 19-24yrs.
if you are not a student of PCM in your 12th class then you will not be able to join IAF as a pilot anyhow,
it is necessary for you to have maths and phy.
all the best............
14th June 2012, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

i am take in comrce maths IT so i want
to become a fighter pilot
30th June 2012, 09:29 AM
ManjinderKing

I'm in +2. but i choose the commerce. now, for become a pilot in indian air force what can i do.???plz tall me..?
4th July 2012, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE A DREAM TO BECAME AN INDIAN AIR FORCE PILOT BUT I HAVE CHOOSEN COMMERCE AND COMPUTER SO PLS TELL ME IF THERE IS ANY CHANCE TO MAKE MY DREAM TRUE.
8th July 2012, 07:05 AM
Unregistered

can a PCMB student join fighter pilot and marks percent need in 2 to get pilot for ST candidate& age of 27yr candidate appear
12th October 2012, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

how i became an air force piolet after 10th class
4th January 2013, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

sir,i m studing in 12th with science stream bt i m 18 year old at this time...what should i do plz give me some guidance to become true my dreams
23rd April 2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

when ,the currently running 12th education NDA exam will conduct in next year
21st May 2013, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

I'm a girl,what should I do after my 12th(ComputerScience) to become a fighter pilot in IAF?
16th June 2013, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed Aircraft Maintenance Engineering in Mechanical stream(LA and PE).I have also passed paper-1,2,3(LA) in AME and right now i am persuing B.Sc from maths.How can i join the Aircraft Maintenance section of the IAF??

MAYANK AGARWAL
7th November 2013, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

i am a become a pilot of indian air force or navy which qualification to be need
now iam 23year old
4th December 2013, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

hii sir i m rajib.after completing my 12th standard now i m in 2nd yr of my graduation .i want to join in iaf for fighter jet.so plz tell me the steps through which i can join in iaf for fighter jet.
9th December 2013, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

my son is only 4 years old he want to become i fighter pilot and i being a commerce person dont know about it ........ i want him to live his dream , can some suggest me how can i help him in doing so
16th April 2014, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi im commerce graduate. I want to join iaf as fighter pilot,now i m 21 years old. Plz tell me how can i join iaf as pilot
22nd January 2015, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

I am 17 years this july. Now i am studying in 10 1 will i be able to write the entrance exam this year?
6th July 2015, 12:37 PM
momtazz

You are studying 12th standard and intend to know qualifications required to become a fighter Pilot.

To become a fighter Pilot you are to clear NDA entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Qualifications required to become a fighter Pilot:-

1.Education: Candidate to pass 12th with PCM(physics,chemistry,mathematics)subjects.

2.Age:Minimum: 16.5 years,Maximum 19 years.

3.Nationality : Indian.

4.Restriction: Only male candidate can write NDA entrance test.

5.Marital Status: Single.

6.Eye Sight: Should be normal 6"/6" and free from colour blindness.

7.Height: Candidates height mus be within 157.5cms,relaxations are there.

These are the merits you needed to become a fighter Pilot.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?