2nd May 2012, 12:27 PM
s.r.c

Required Eligibility criteria to join Marine Engineering? Will there be any Entrance Exam for this?

what is the educational eligiblity required to study the merine engineering, also is there any entrence test for that

Related Questions:
  1. How to join PG course in marine engineering after my UG? Which institute is best to study marine in India? Is there any entrance exam for marine engineering?
  2. List of Colleges in India offering Marine Engineering? Required Eligibility criteria to join this course?
  3. Qualifications required to join Marine Engineering? Can I join it after ECE?
  4. How may I join marine engineering after passing class 12th? Which entrance exam do I need to clear for it?
  5. What is the procedure for merchant navy?
  6. Am I eligible to study M.Tech(Marine Engineering) after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? List of colleges with eligibility criteria?
  7. Complete details about Marine engineering course
  8. Percentage required to be eligible for Aeronautical Engineering or Marine Engineering? Fee structure of the mentioned courses?
  9. How to apply for Marine Engineering course in LBS Marine & Research institute in Mumbai?
  10. Requirements to get admission in Marine Engineering? -- [New]
  11. How to take admission in Merchant Navy after passing 12th?
  12. How can I join Marine engineering after Diploma in marine engineering? What would be the fee structure?
  13. Will I be able to join marine engineering with 65% in 12th? What is the fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. List of best marine engineering colleges in Chennai?
  15. How to join Marine engineering course after studying 12th? How to get scholarships to attend marine engineering?
  16. How can I join marine engineering after 12th? What is the qualification required?
  17. How may I join ME(Marine Engineering)? What's the eligibility criteria? List of top colleges for the same? I'm doing B.E(Mechanical engineering) in Sona College of Tech
  18. How much marks are required to join in marine engineering?
2nd May 2012, 01:13 PM
bablubeniwal7

Default Re: Required Eligibility criteria to join Marine Engineering? Will there be any Entrance Exam for this?

hi,
MARINE ENGINEERING

[COLOR="Teal"]ELIGIBLITY FOR MARINE ENGINEERING[/COLOR
In marine engineering too, a candidate is required to have his 10+2 done with Physics, Chemistry, Math. But yes, Biology at this level is of an added advantage and not a criterion
FOR MORE,
CLICK HERE
http://http://www.marineengineering.org.uk/
BEST OF LUCK
2nd May 2012, 02:43 PM
climber
Senior Member+

Default Re: Required Eligibility criteria to join Marine Engineering? Will there be any Entrance Exam for this?

dear friend,

Marine engineering is becoming more famous among students because of its wide scope and a Handsome salary.

For marine engineering you must have Physics,Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in 12th.And i can notice that you are satisfying this,the most important criteria.

For admission an a college for Marine engineering you have to crack Entrance exam.

Following Entrance Exams are:
  • IIT-JEEE
  • AIEEE
  • State engineering Entrance Exam
  • MEMI
  • IMU-CET

The following List of good colleges for Marine engineering in south india:
  1. MERI: Marine engineering and research institute,chennai.
  2. MERI:Marine engineering and research Institute,mumbai.
  3. Tolani maritime Institute ,Induri.
  4. Chennai school of ship management.
  5. Annamalai university.
  6. College of engineering ,Anna university.
  7. Goa university.
  8. University of Madras.
  9. Sri venkateshwara College of Engineering,Bangalore.
  10. Mohamed Sathak engineering college,Tamil Nadu.
  11. Praveenya Institute of Marine Engineering and Maritime Studies.
best of luck......................
6th June 2012, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

i am 2 vocation group.i am joing engineering possible are not.
22nd June 2012, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

what are the eligible to join marine engineering?
31st July 2012, 09:28 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

MARINE ENGINEERING

[COLOR="Teal"]ELIGIBLITY FOR MARINE ENGINEERING[/COLOR
In marine engineering too, a candidate is required to have his 10+2 done with Physics, Chemistry, Math. But yes, Biology at this level is of an added advantage and not a criterion
FOR MORE,
CLICK HERE
http://http://www.marineengineering.org.uk/
9th August 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

sir i have a little query....sir i done my engineering in mechanical it is possible to take that marine job
5th November 2012, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i hve cmpltd diploma in mechanical engineering after 10th ,do i hve qualification to study B.E marine engg?
6th November 2012, 06:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Marine Engineering is taken by students who are interested in making career in Merchant Navy. There are several officer level jobs in Merchant Navy after completing marine engineering. These are the jobs that pays well and comes with additional perks.

Similar to any other engineering course, it is also important to appear for entrance exam for admission in Marine Engineering. There were few options for entrance exam in 2012. But from next year onwards you will have to appear for the ISEET entrance exam. The IIT-JEE and AIEEE are going to be replaced by this entrance exam. There will be some state level exams in whch you can also appear for admission.

Eligibility

1. You must have completed 10+2 with PCM subjects.

2. At least 40 percent marks (ISEET) exam. Other exams may require higher percentage.

3. Candidate should be unmarried. This rule applies to both Male and Female.

4. The age limit is 20 years.

5. There is some relaxation for reserve category.

6. Your eyesight should be 6/6 with no colorblindness and night blindness.

List of Colleges

Annamalai university

Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering

Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Chennai

Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Mumbai

Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata
19th February 2013, 04:59 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Marine Engineering can be done through entrance exam.

Initially it was through – AIEEE or IIT JEE.

But from 2012, AIEEE and IIT JEE are replaced by an all India common engineering test called ISEET.

So, through these entrance exams, one can get admission in Marine
Engineering colleges –

ISEET

State Level examinations

Eligibility criteria –

Candidate must have completed 10+_ 2 with OPhysics, Chemistry and Maths.

Candidate should have 40% minimum in ISEET exam.

Candidate ( Male / female ) should be unmarried.

Candidate’s eyesight must be 6/6 and no ocolourblindness or nighr b;lindness
should be there.

List of Colleges offering marine engineering course –

The Calcutta technical school

Indian Marine College

Tolani Maritime Institute

Marine engineering research institute

Sri Venkateshwara college of Engineering

Annamalai university

Vellore Institute of Technology

International marine communication centre

27th February 2013, 11:52 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.r.c View Post
what is the educational eligiblity required to study the merine engineering, also is there any entrence test for that
If your aspiring to apply for Marine Engineering Course then you shoud apply for B.tech in Marine Engineering course .

There is good scope for B.tech in Marine Engineering Course .

To apply for Marine Engineering Course then you should complete 12th standard in science stream from recognized University.

You should have compulsory the subjects like, ( ie:- Physics /Chemistry / Mathematics ) . Commerce and Arts stream candidates are not eligible for Marine Engineering Course .

Only Science stream candidate are eligible to apply for this Marine Engineering Course . The Admission for Marine Engineering course is baaed on the Entrance Examination Performance . So, If you crack the Entrance Examination then definitely you may get admisison for Marine Engineering course from recognized University .

For admission an a college for Marine Engineering you have to crack Entrance Examination .

-IIT-JEEE :- Indian Institute of Technology Entrance Examination
-AIEEE :- All India Engineering Entrance Examination
-BITSAT :- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test

Best Marine Engineering Colleges :-

-Marine engineering and research institute
-Tolani maritime Institute
-Chennai school of ship management
-Annamalai university
-College of engineering
-Goa university
-Sri venkateshwara College of Engineeringre
-Mohamed Sathak engineering college
-Praveenya Institute of Marine Engineering and Maritime Studies
31st May 2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

what the rank is required for marine engineering in entrance exams??
12th August 2014, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

If i had not clear any entrance exam such as jee mains and advance then could i will be elligiable of getting admision in any of the marine engineering colleges.
26th May 2016, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

I have failed and got passed with less percent in my 2nd pu can I join marine engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?