19th May 2016, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Whether a girl can join Indian Air Force after completing 12th? Can I join Indian Air Force Medical Institute for MBBS?

Whether a girl can join in Indian airforce after completing 12th,my ambition is to become a doctor in Indian airforce. Can I join in Indian air force medical institute for MBBS after completing 12th?I am a girl child know I am studying in 12th.I heard that girls without any graduation are not eligible to join in Indian air force,is it true?

19th May 2016, 03:22 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a girl can join Indian Air Force after completing 12th? Can I join Indian Air Force Medical Institute for MBBS?

First thing which I would like to make you clear that there is no Medical College which is known as Indian Air Force Medical Institute rather it is known as Armed Forces Medical College which is one of the prominent medical college for education and research in medical and nursing field.

Yes you are eligible for getting admission in the same college after completing your 12th being a girl candidate because girl candidates are not allowed to join defense sector only.

For admission in the same college you will have to clear NEET ( National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test ) from this year as before this year one needed to clear AIPMT. Also to be eligible for appearing in NEET you are required to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years till the last day of the same year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree course with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized institute.

For more detail regarding the same examination, you can log on to the official link of CBSE which conducts NEET i.e; www.cbse.nic.in.
19th May 2016, 05:18 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether a girl can join Indian Air Force after completing 12th? Can I join Indian Air Force Medical Institute for MBBS?

Yes, you are eligible to join AFMC ( Armed Force Medical Colleges ) after pursuing 10+2.

To pursue MBBS course you have to appear and qualify in the NEET ( earlier AIPMT ) examination with better ranking.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with PCB as main paper and have minimum 50% in PCB and English.

But, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force as an officer without graduation degree being a girls candidate.
19th May 2016, 09:57 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One who wants to seek admission to the MBBS course has to take the entrance examination conducted by AFMC.

AFMC stands for Armed Forces Medical Corps.

Eligibility criteria :-

-The candidate should be a citizen of India or Nepal or Bhutan or a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country with the intention of permanently settling in India.

-The candidate must have passed the 12th class or equivalent examination with minimum 60% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in physics,chemistry and biology from a recognized board.

-The candidate age should be in between 17 years to 22 years. The candidate age should not be more than 24 years who have passed or are appearing in final B Sc examinations.

-The candidate must be unmarried and also they are not allowed to get married during the course.

-The candidate should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Defense.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?