21st May 2010, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Scope of Industrial Engineering in India?

Hello Friends,
One of my brother's son got into engineering and is thinking of Industrial Engineering.
Can someone please tell me the scope of this branch and if Manufacturing science is better than it?
I want to know the scope of these subjects in India especially.
Thanks in advance

Related Questions:
  1. Is this a good choice of choosing ME in Industrial Engineering after the completion of BE in Aeronautical Engineering? Scope of Industrial Engineering course?
  2. Which are the universities offering M.Tech industrial biotechnology course? What is the scope of industrial biotechnology in India
  3. Will industrial engineering have a good scope in coming years in India?
  4. Information about M.E? Which course has more scope in industrial field?
  5. What is the scope of industrial production branch in India?
  6. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available(In India and abroad) for Biotech students?
  7. What is industrial/Production Engineering? What's its scope in India and Abroad?
  8. How to make a good career in Industrial Safety? What is the scope for Industrial Safety?
  9. What is the scope of industrial engineering? I am doing 1st year industrial engineering
  10. Which Engineering stream has great scope in India?
  11. Which has a greater scope in India between Clinical and Industrial Psychology? What is the salary? I am studying MSc Psychology
  12. What is the scope of IP engineering in India? Is it necessary to do M.Tech in IP
  13. How much is the salary after completing industrial and production engineering? Is there any scope in future?
  14. Which are the best universities in India for M.Tech in Industrial Engineering and Management?
  15. Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?
  16. Which branch of engineering to select after completion of 12th standard? -- [New]
  17. What is the scope of automobile engineering in India? How may I get admission into it and what are its future scope?
  18. Engineering courses available in India and their scope in future?
25th May 2010, 03:30 AM
drdo99
Banned

Default Re: Scope of Industrial Engineering in India?

Dear sir,
The current market is booming with industrial catastrophes. India at this time is a boom, for industrial development,since the market of industrial work hood has stabled in the west as well in middle,far east.
Industrial engineers take the following job profiles:
a. analysts
b. Industrial system controller.
c. System supervisor
You need a b.e degree to take this jobs. The whole work is to assist the work load of factories.
Manufacturing is a part of the industrial process, it’s a down specification for the work load.
Don’t pressurize your ward, let him do at his own best.
Thanking you.
25th May 2010, 01:27 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Industrial Engineering

Industrial engineering is a branch of Engineering, which deals with design, improvement and installation of an integrated system of people, material, equipment, energy and Machines with the help of Technology.

Industrial engineering, teaches how to increase the productivity by combining Human and Machines together.

Scope:

If we talk about its scope in India, then we can keep Construction,Chemical and Industrial Engineering in same row.

Oppurtunity of Idustrial Engineering was never so promissing in India, ever before. The growing number of Industries in India and every Industry want to make the productivity better and cost effective, it has created excellent oppurtunity for Industrial Engineers.

Today in this competetive world where if One company Manufactures products worth rs.100, then simultaneously other want try to provide the same at rs.90. This is nothing but the work of Industrial Engineers who made it possible,during the industry manufacturing.

So, dont worry about career after that, just persue that course from a Good Institute.

Best of luck

25th May 2010, 04:12 PM
drdo99
Banned

Dear sir,
The current market is boominng with industrial catastrophes. India at this time is a boom, for industrial development,since the market of industrial workhood has stablised in the wet as well in middle,far east.
Industial engineers take the following job profiles:
a. analysts
b. Industrial system controller.
c. System supervisor
You need a b.e degree to take this jobs. The whole work is to assist the work load of factories.
ok.
25th May 2010, 04:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

I think there is a lot of scope of Industrial Engineering in india. because Industrial engineering is a branch of engineering that concerns the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy, material and process...........
25th May 2010, 04:46 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

I think as India is opening doors to more global manufacturing giants especially in automobile sector, scope of industrial engineers will increase. Industrial engineers have a broad spectrum of industries to target. So target some good college and you shouldnt have any problem in getting a decent job opportunity. Green technology is another trend gaining significance in industrial engineering, so it seems thrust and focus is going to increase in this area.
25th May 2010, 05:40 PM
phuchi

dear friend,
it was not demanding but now it scope has increased in which you have look after the industrial matter and productivity
good luck
1st July 2010, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
My name is Priya. I have done my B.E(Biomedical). Going to pursue M.E in Coll of Engg,Guindy...Have two options whether to choose Applied Electronics or Industrial Engg. Can anyone tell me the scopes of these courses in India.
3rd July 2010, 09:14 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
My name is Priya. I have done my B.E(Biomedical). Going to pursue M.E in Coll of Engg,Guindy...Have two options whether to choose Applied Electronics or Industrial Engg. Can anyone tell me the scopes of these courses in India.

Basically Industrial Engineering is a better option and has good scope as I have also discussed above.

But, Since you have persued BE (Biomedical) then Applied Electronics is much better option for you.

It is a perfect combination of Electronics and Mechanical engineering or we can say that appling electronics in Mechanical Engineering.

After persuing that you will be responsible for Design, develpoment maintainance of Electronic devices essential in Hospital Sectors like- Pace MAker, variou kinds of machinery used in operation etc.

If you dont want to remain in Health sector then you can also go for IT, Electronics and Mechtronics companies etc.

I am unable to discribe you more precisely, but trust me its better option for you being a Biomedical Engineer.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
3rd July 2010, 11:04 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

i think there is a lot of scope in industrial and production engg. As our india is on the verge getting totaly industrialized so its value in future should be on the peak of all among .As it includes production so it includes all i.e.,from production of needle to aircraft. so don't get worried about it .Inutshell the one thing matter is yours degree's nos./yours CGP.
3rd July 2010, 11:18 PM
vanshu

analysts is the booming sector in industrial engineer
another major field is biomedical engineer
and another sector is mechanical engineer
5th July 2010, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

what will be the scope of environmental engineering in india in the coming years?I am doing b.tech in env from ism dhanbad.
6th July 2010, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

hi, I am Vaibhaw, and am pursuing B.Tech in Production and Industrial Engineering from IIT delhi. just wanted to know what is a better choice aft that? an MS or MBA, or smthing else?
6th July 2010, 08:35 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
what will be the scope of environmental engineering in india in the coming years?I am doing b.tech in env from ism dhanbad.

First of all Congratulation for being a student of such pretigious Institute of India. Place where you will get best Quality Education, Placement and all.

Enviromental Engineering is not a new field, its new for India only. Increasing Enviromental hazards, the race of maintaining Ecological balance, recycling , Construction keeping in mind the eviromental and ecological balance etc... has created plethora of oppurtunities and demand of skilled Engineers, with specialization in Civil & Enviromantal Engineering.

That filed has just started its foot hold in India, it will explore high in coming days.
7th July 2010, 12:21 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear
as in india industry is growing firstly.so industrial engineering have very good demand at present.

after engineering if you can do mba.then your carrier will be brightfull. specially if you can do mba in industrial....

best of luck........
7th July 2010, 03:17 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
Hello Friends,
One of my brother's son got into engineering and is thinking of Industrial Engineering.
Can someone please tell me the scope of this branch and if Manufacturing science is better than it?
I want to know the scope of these subjects in India especially.
Thanks in advance
yes the time has come when india would go through rampant industrialization to compete other countries . so industrial engineering can be a very good option for future
i think there is a lot of scope in ind. and prod. eng. As our india is on the verge getting tottaly industrialized so its value in future should be on the peak of all among .As it includes production so it includes all i.e.,from prod. of needle to aircraft. so don't get worried about it .industrial engineering is a field, which concerns the design, improvement and installation of an integrated system of people, material, equipment, energy and technology.
8th July 2010, 01:23 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hi, I am Vaibhaw, and am pursuing B.Tech in Production and Industrial Engineering from IIT delhi. just wanted to know what is a better choice aft that? an MS or MBA, or smthing else?

Well, Conrats for Being an IITian.

Generally MS Degree is meant for those who wants to explore there career in R & D sector. So, if you want to explore your career in such field you can continue.

Where as MBA for all those want something more apart from 6 digit pay package. It will be helpful for you in every sector, and will provide you better Employbility.

Where as M.Tech will provide you both Engineering + Management skills an I have also see generally those who persue M.Tech does'nt feel lack of MBA.

So, first decide in which type of sector do you want to explore your career.

If you want to Do your own Business in future or we can say Enterpreneurship as it is seen in maximum Engineers then B.Tech + MBA is a better option.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
14th July 2010, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Hi...I have finished my b.tech in industrial biotechnolgy in A.C TECH,ANNA UNIVERSITY.I wana do my higher studies bt i dono which course 2 take im confused wit mba/m.tech i will b thankful if anyone can guide me. And i also wana know the scope 4 mba in biotechnology.
19th July 2010, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING at the College Of engineering , Guindy , anna university chennai..... pls tell me about its scope and job opportunities ......... and is it worth a well paid job??
20th July 2010, 05:10 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i am doing my INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING at the College Of engineering , Guindy , anna university chennai..... pls tell me about its scope and job opportunities ......... and is it worth a well paid job??
Dear friend
As the name suggest Industrial engineering is the branch of engineering that is dealing with optimizing complex processes or systems. It is concerned with the development, improvement, implementation and evaluation of integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy, materials and/or processes.

It means all the major industries require to incorporate Industrial Engineers for optimization of processes in the plant. So, there is no question about scope. This branch of engineering is very much appreciated in US and CANADA, So the scope is very good in foreign countries as well. If you are good in your field then it is easy to get job worth 25,000 INR+ p.m. and in abroad it can be 5-6,000 USD p.m.

Thank You
23rd July 2010, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

hello , my name is amreen fatima .. i m getting industrial technology and management in some gud coll of bangalore like pesit , dayanad sagar .. just want to know the job prospects in india of this engineering branch .. ??
i have read all the above post of our respected seniours ..thnks to all of them for providing guidance ..

just want to have a final assurity
plz rlp ..
[email protected]
29th July 2010, 01:11 PM
Dr A Parwaize

Hello Friends,
One of my sister's son is getting into engineering and is thinking of Industrial Engineering.
Can someone please tell me the scope of this branch and if these engineers can get the job of Mechanical Engineers.
I also want to know the scope of industrial engineering in India and abroad.
Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
1st August 2010, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

m a student of jaypee university of eng tech.i m pursuing BT in chemcal engineering.i would lyk 2 knw more abt the scopes in dis field.plzz m really worried about my future nd really confused dat hv i opted fr right course??????
1st August 2010, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i am persuing ipe frm DCE and wants to know and wants to know the salary pacakage td an ipe (industrial and production ...)gets.
7th August 2010, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

what r the future prospects of environmental engineering in india?which is better,b tech m tech or b tech MBA?
9th August 2010, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

HI am Naveen i have completed my B.tech in mechanical engineering and i have joined M.tech in industrial engineering from psg college.It would be so kind if you can tell me about the scope and the companys which recruits industrial engineer and about the salary.. thanks in advance..
17th August 2010, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

If i complete BE in Industrial eng and management can i get into automobile field:-)
18th August 2010, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

I am currently pursuing B.E.-MBA (Dual Degree) in Industrial Engineering from Thapar University(previously TIET) and i am in 4th year. Though the placements are due next year because its an integrated programme of 5 years, still i am seeing very little scope of getting placed. As everybody is saaying just try to secure a decent college, and you can get easily placed, i dont suppose its enough(seeing my and my friends' cases.)
19th August 2010, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

[
Hi all,

I am thiyagaraj, i got seat in anna univ guindy industrial engg... u r also got ah seat ah???
20th August 2010, 05:29 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

dear frend,
the scope of industrial engineering in India is very good......India is a developing country so these sectors are very much in demand........Wish you all the best!!!!!!!!
20th August 2010, 08:40 PM
Raj333

dear friend
as we know that Industrial Engineering having almost same sllaybus as mechanical production Engineering sllaybus . only difference is that mechanical Engineering student reading power plant engineering where as Industrial Engineering student reading management .

name of some companies in which Industrial Engineers are required
tata steel
burn standars
jusco
jindel
valvo
and so on.............................

best of luck..............................
20th August 2010, 10:48 PM
richa420
Banned

frnd

there is vast field for industrial engineering. u may go in various core field like

a) Tata motors, b) TRF jamshedpur C)L & T d) Jindal etc

best of luck
22nd August 2010, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

NIT Kurukshetra se Industrial Engg. me B. Tech krke foreign me ek ache payscale pe job mil skti hai kya?
aur iske liye kya karna hoga?
25th August 2010, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Industrial and production engineering is one of the leading branch in india. as an industrial engineer am completed 3 years with prestigious MNC companies as a core team person great experience to put up new things on the present process
27th August 2010, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

sir-i am pursuing manufacturing process & automation engineering from NSIT delhi.i want to know placement,salary package,future prospect,company hiring.i heared software company also hiring from this this branch as well as core company.i have in mind to do higher study-i should aim MBA or M.tech.kindly reply in detail.s.kumar NSIT delhi
3rd September 2010, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i am vijay ...i am just recently completed my engineering in industrial and production engineering stream.... my Qus is that did industrial engineering branch have any special scope in India... and in which filed we have to work in an company.. and if we have to go for further study in which steam we have good scope in m tech...
6th September 2010, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

iam 30 years old, applying m.e industrials engg and presently working in hod of mechanical engg in private college, after completion
of p.g couse if possible to working industries?
8th September 2010, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Friends pls tell which college is good for production engineering ? M in final year diploma prod. 4m fr. Agnel colge bandra. Pls tel me whch colege to persue? Wch colege is gud like COEP, VJTI, FR. CRCE ? My email id [email protected]
11th September 2010, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Am Amos by name, a Nigerian and I would like to study industrial Engineering in india but, I don't know the school to apply or a person to process it for me. I want to start in 2011 academic year.
15th September 2010, 03:04 PM
bapuram

dear friend,

i think,

as in india industry is growing firstly.so industrial engineering have very good demand at present.

after engineering if you can do mba.then your carrier will be brightfull. specially if you can do mba in industrial engineering
good luck
15th September 2010, 11:12 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

industrial engineering is a very good course in engineering. surely it is better than the manufacturing engineering. after industrial engineering you may join in any industry as a industry controller or industry adviser etc post. also you can go for higher study on this engineering. you can research also about industry system. a very important aspect of this engineering is the competition is less because a very few student are passed out in every year from india.

so this is a very good course and the scope and job opportunity is also very much good.
19th September 2010, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a piping supervisor in constuction feild. i am planning to do do mtech in industrial engineering through distance learning.what is the scope. is there any other better option.i am new in this feild..what is the scope in construction feild for a piping engineer..i have done btech from mechanical
20th September 2010, 07:17 AM
palashbolia

Cool Re: Scope of Industrial Engineering in India?

YES,scope of industrial engg. is there in India and as all the company's have manufacturing departments he will easily get job and otherwise this industrial engg. is related and a part of Mechanical Engineering which is evergreen branch so there would be no problem of placement or so.
20th September 2010, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

i am doing production and industrial engineering from iit roorkee......
my interests are in research field.... i want to do research in mechanical related things like mechatronics , applied mechanics , fluid mech. or robotics

can anyone guide me for that please .....it is the deciding time of my life.....plzzz
8th October 2010, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am syed shauzab nd i am pursuing m.tech in prod&indus ,i need some research topics in this field or any idea for research paper
25th November 2010, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

is this industrial engineering somehow related automation field ???
26th November 2010, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Sir, Am Amos by name, a Nigerian and I would like to study industrial Engineering in india but, I don't know the school to apply or a person to process it for me. I want to start in 2011 academic year.
HI Amos ,
I am an Industrial Engineer
I have done industrial Engineering from Pune
There are very few colleges of Industrial Engineering In India
Some good colleges are IIT ( You can check the site of IITS )
There is Vishwakarma Institute of Technology In Pune .( www.vit.edu)
This colleges offers Industrial Engineering Course .
I am a passout of the same college .
24th December 2010, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

can an industrial engineering degree holder join merchant navy??
14th January 2011, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am doing B.tech industrial engineering in college of engineering,Trivandrum.
I want to know about companies which allow internship or industrial visit in industrial engineering.Also i want to know the companies which offering jobs in industrial engineering.
Anyone help me please...
25th January 2011, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS SCOPE OF INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?