13th July 2012, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Which short term courses are better choice for me to join being a candidate pursuing B.Tech in Civil?

what is short term coerces during b.tech for civil branch and what is the importance of these coerces?

Related Questions:
13th July 2012, 05:03 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which short term courses are better choice for me to join being a candidate pursuing B.Tech in Civil?

Civil Engineering is a branch of B.Tech that deals with construction and of course maintenance of structural works. What this means is that Civil Engineers are thrusted with the responsibility of constuction of buildings, dams, tunnels, highways, roads, airports, bridges and even sewage systems. Their job also include maintenence and repairs of these structures.

Once you have completed the four year long B.Tech in Civil Engineering, you can apply for various jobs out there in the field of construction. However with rising competition in almost every field of Engineering it makes sense to complete a short term course that could increase your jobs prospect. The two very common short term courses that Civil Engineers often opt for are:

Certificate Course in Building Design

Auto Cad Course

Certificate Course in Construction Supervisor

These courses basically are the add ons. They are not going to improve your chances of good jobs significantly but certainly going to give you advantage over fellow applicants for the same job. Don't for a moment think that they would have any significant impact on your career.

Apart from these courses, GATE exam can also play a very important role for you while applying for the job. Now you may ask why should I appear in GATE since I don't want to pursue post graduate course. The simple answer is that these days GATE score is considered by several Public Sector Undertaking and private companies. Just like the short term courses, it tend to increase your chances of getting the job, only if you have performed reasonably well in GATE.

If you really want some very well paid jobs, I would suggest you to go for Post Graduate degree in

M.Tech in Civil Engineering

Masters of Business Administration

Both these post graduate courses will improve chances of well paid jobs in both government and private sector. Some of the places where you can apply for jobs are

UNITECH

Parsvnath Developers Limited

DLF

Punj Lloyd

Tata Projects

Hindustan Construction Company
13th July 2012, 05:38 PM
AKHIL KINGDOM

Default Re: Which short term courses are better choice for me to join being a candidate pursuing B.Tech in Civil?

The best short term courses for civil engineering :

1.Engineering Surveying Using Modern Instruments

2.Quantity surveying

3.CAD/CAM course (if you have interest designing)

4. Water Ingress, Implications & water proofing of building & structures

5.Computer Graphics Practice

DO THIS COURSES AND EARN MORE MONEY
2nd October 2012, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

sir can u plz suggest me a good short term course after AMIETE-CS....plz mail me [email protected]
11th October 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

after completion of b.tech which is the most limited and profitable short term courses in civil for getting a highly paid job
30th January 2013, 10:27 AM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

short term courses are better choice for me to join being a candidate pursuing B.Tech in Civil

1.Quantity surveying
2.Engineering Surveying Using Modern Instruments
3.Computer Graphics Practice
4.Water Ingress, Implications & water proofing of building & structures
5.CAD/CAM course (if you have interest designing)

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13th November 2013, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Sindhu,
Hi,
Being a BE ECE student wat short term course can I pursue aftrr completing degree this decembr fr bettr job opportunities?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?