25th May 2011, 03:02 PM
saver

Should I mention the 3 years gap in my resume?

hi..
i have 3 years gap between B.Sc to M.C.A(passout),,because in between i done "B.Ed" course(because of my family financial problems i done this,, which is 2 years course)..can i mentioned in resume this "bed " course or not????(i can have 70% aggregate throught in my academics)

21st July 2011, 05:37 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I mention the 3 years gap in my resume?

i think it's better to mention truly whatever you have done. even if you not mention your 3 years gap then they will surely ask you that what you have done in this period of time? then you must have to answer truly for that question.

also no course is bed. B.Ed is very good course not a 'bed' course. may be after MCA you are going completely different field still you should mentioned this course also. otherwise 3 years gap is very long gap. company will not except you if you don't have any valid reason for this gap.

you have 70% marks through out so surely you will get good job. i don't think as you have done B.ed course so it will be used as negative. no not at all it will be also added as positive. it is not related to MCA still every course is valuable.

best of luck.
21st July 2011, 06:40 PM
vnr0001

What is the difference in Sql statement of sql and of relation algebra?
21st July 2011, 06:45 PM
vnr0001

What is embedded sql?
21st July 2011, 06:48 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by saver View Post
hi..
i have 3 years gap between B.Sc to M.C.A(passout),,because in between i done "B.Ed" course(because of my family financial problems i done this,, which is 2 years course)..can i mentioned in resume this "bed " course or not????(i can have 70% aggregate throught in my academics)
Hello,
Yes you should mention all your academics records and gaps which you had in academics years.If you don't mention the gap then also your certificate will tell the whole story.
And your resume should also contain the B.ed Degree as it is not just a time consuming Degree it provides knowledge.So you should include B.Ed Degree in your resume it will add a qualification in your resume.

Best Wishes.......
21st July 2011, 06:53 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
In my point of view, always write the true in your resume.
that will help you aleays in your life.

if you write lie then after when they know about your true
then they react will different for you.

So always write your best and strength part of your .
21st July 2011, 06:56 PM
vnr0001

Which is the best tool to test products written using PL SQL?
21st July 2011, 07:12 PM
kunjeyan5282

Yes you can mention your b.ed degree .You should mention your all degrees.
21st July 2011, 07:16 PM
rana2011
Banned

In my opinion it will better to mention which is true.
If you not mention your 3 years gap then they will surely ask you that what you were doing in this period of time.
And then you must have to answer truly for that question.

*[3 years gap is very long gap and company will not except you if you don't have any valid reason for this gap].

Thanks,
21st July 2011, 07:42 PM
ayusharma.3

hi,
many of us take time off, for one reason or another, from working. Sometimes, it's by choice. In other cases, it can take time to find a new job. What the best way to explain an employment gap on your resume? It depends on the situation and what you did while you weren't employed.

Cover the Gaps
When listing dates on your resume you don't need to list the month/year if you were in a position for over a year or if your position spans multiple years. For example, you could say 2006 - 2010 (rather than May, 2006 - April, 2010) which would give you some room to cover the gaps:

Store Manager, XYZ Store
2006 – 2010

Sales Associate, ABC Store
2002 – 2006

As you can see, the resume doesn't specifically say when the candidate started and ended employment, which can cover an employment gap.

Check Your Format
You can format your resume to minimize the gaps in your employment history. For example, don't bold the dates and/or use a smaller font than the one you use for the company name or job title. Start your resume with a Summary Statement and Career Highlights section so you are highlighting your skills and accomplishments, rather than when you did what
21st July 2011, 08:28 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, it will be better for you if you can mention the 3 years gap in your resume.

as it will be treated as a drawback in your career.

so you must avoid to right to in your resume.

but if interviewer as you about the year gap, then you must tell them your original problem.

but don't try to make any story with this. say always truth in front of interviewer.

hope for the best.

all the best.........
22nd July 2011, 12:01 AM
genius_911

yeah, you should mention your 3 years of gap.. as you have a valid reason fot the gap., so i think it wil not harm you in any way... your aggregate is also so good, so you can't be denied of getting a good job... during any interview, you will be asked about the reason of gap,, so,, its good that you mention it in your resume... don worry, you will definitely got a good job...
22nd July 2011, 01:40 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

"A true information in a resume will always give a fruitful result in future." And about your act its a very good one as you have not wasted your time & gain something.Though it is a different one from your career path but it too keeps its own importance in shaping your career.
So always remember that "Whatever you do, do it bindaas forever".Make a resume in which you can mention that "special qualification-B.ed" which makes a good impact on your interviewers too & stated them the reason behind it that sometimes at a certain stage we were unable to get the right path of career & at that time for a while We were gone to a wrong path But time & efforts can make it a right one.
22nd July 2011, 03:10 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
It is good to mention everything what you have done..
As you have done a course in that year gap so, you should mention that in your resume, it will create a good impression..

If you don't mention this then they will think that you want to hide something..
So, it will create a wrong impression..

It is better to clarify everything what you have done..
So, don't feel hesitate, mention everything...
It will also help you to cover your study gap..

All the best..
22nd July 2011, 05:14 PM
ankit049
Member+

Should I mention the 3 years gap in my resume?

i think it's better to mention truly whatever you have done. even if you not mention your 3 years gap then they will surely ask you that what you have done in this period of time? then you must have to answer truly for that question.

also no course is bed. B.Ed is very good course not a 'bed' course. may be after MCA you are going completely different field still you should mentioned this course also. otherwise 3 years gap is very long gap. company will not except you if you don't have any valid reason for this gap.

you have 70% marks through out so surely you will get good job. i don't think as you have done B.ed course so it will be used as negative. no not at all it will be also added as positive. it is not related to MCA still every course is valuable.

best of luck.
1st August 2011, 03:52 AM
Unregistered

hello sir
B.tech 3 yr student csit branch
i hv 3 year gap b/w 12 and engineering add less than 60% mark in 12 (62% in 10)
( 54 in 12),(72% in b.tech) can i get a good job
24th August 2011, 02:28 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

no it is not necessary to mention the gap because it will be understood from the year of passing of your school and your starting of your graduation so need not to mention it .it will be like the black spot on the white suit.
ok all the best.
13th September 2011, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

i worked 2 year in industry after completion then i joined in btech. while in doing btech i have 1 year gap due to health problem. am i eligible for campus recruitments.
6th November 2011, 02:01 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi..

Its not necessary for you to mention this thing in your CV, though they would ask you that for the gap time interval what have you been doing.

So you may tell them, whatever your reason might be. Always remember that Honesty is the best policy.

You should tell them your problem, and then they could certainly consider your plea.

All the best.
3rd December 2018, 04:23 PM
emmawharton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjeet250490 View Post
Hi..

Its not necessary for you to mention this thing in your CV, though they would ask you that for the gap time interval what have you been doing.

So you may tell them, whatever your reason might be. Always remember that Honesty is the best policy.

You should tell them your problem, and then they could certainly consider your plea.

All the best.
Mention it in your cover letter instead.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?